Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in April 7, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning (for the next few minutes), everyone. I had to sit in on a Zoom staff meeting this morning that largely was not about my role, but I diligently paid attention and took notes, even though most of it was about as clear as describing horseback riding to dogs. :-D

After that, I left the office on lunch break and zipped over to the restaurant where HB works, only to discover he'd gone to the hospital from there this morning with leg problems. I have texted him to see which hospital he's in (there are three right together off downtown).

In happier news, at least for me, the past two weeks I've been having an awful time parking in the lot I pay for a spot in because it suddenly filled up with cars. It took much circling around to find an open slot. But this morning I came out and 7/8ths of the vehicles parked there had parking tickets on the windshields, including a huge pickup truck whose driver obnoxiously takes up at least two parking spaces. I hope his fine is especially large! :-D

Otherwise it's been a quiet day. Our building custodian either has a stomach virus or food poisoning. She was sick yesterday but refused to go home. She insisted on sitting in the office and laying her hand across our little microwave/fridge combo, which caused me to sanitize the heck out of it after she left. So I have not seen her today, thank goodness. I'm perfectly happy taking the trash out myself.

It's a beautiful warm and sunny day. Freezing in our office, as usual. The room is built underground, tucked into the side of a hill, and just never warms up, so I'm chilly and so sleepy.

Hope you all have a lovely, peaceful day.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:06 pm Good morning (for the next few minutes), everyone. I had to sit in on a Zoom staff meeting this morning that largely was not about my role, but I diligently paid attention and took notes, even though most of it was about as clear as describing horseback riding to dogs. :-D

After that, I left the office on lunch break and zipped over to the restaurant where HB works, only to discover he'd gone to the hospital from there this morning with leg problems. I have texted him to see which hospital he's in (there are three right together off downtown).

In happier news, at least for me, the past two weeks I've been having an awful time parking in the lot I pay for a spot in because it suddenly filled up with cars. It took much circling around to find an open slot. But this morning I came out and 7/8ths of the vehicles parked there had parking tickets on the windshields, including a huge pickup truck whose driver obnoxiously takes up at least two parking spaces. I hope his fine is especially large! :-D

Otherwise it's been a quiet day. Our building custodian either has a stomach virus or food poisoning. She was sick yesterday but refused to go home. She insisted on sitting in the office and laying her hand across our little microwave/fridge combo, which caused me to sanitize the heck out of it after she left. So I have not seen her today, thank goodness. I'm perfectly happy taking the trash out myself.

It's a beautiful warm and sunny day. Freezing in our office, as usual. The room is built underground, tucked into the side of a hill, and just never warms up, so I'm chilly and so sleepy.

Hope you all have a lovely, peaceful day.
Mackie hope HB will be ok. Keep us informed. Will keep him in my prayers.
Janet Alliesmama
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I have been outside all this morning...raking up a storm!
I love doing Spring cleanup. Lots of daffodils coming up.
At some point...I always have to remind myself that I am 69..(gasp!). and enough for today...so I can move tomorrow :D
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I finally talked to him on the phone. He's had an MRI and some X-rays. He's in a lot of pain but his legs are numb, which could indicate peripheral artery disease or that he possibly threw a clot that's blocking an artery to his legs. He's long had heart disease on top of his diabetes, so the possibilities are many. I think the hospital will keep him a little while to try to figure this out. Had he gone to the public hospital, he'd have already been bounced out the door, but the one he's at is a lot better.
Mackie
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm Janet, I finally talked to him on the phone. He's had an MRI and some X-rays. He's in a lot of pain but his legs are numb, which could indicate peripheral artery disease or that he possibly threw a clot that's blocking an artery to his legs. He's long had heart disease on top of his diabetes, so the possibilities are many. I think the hospital will keep him a little while to try to figure this out. Had he gone to the public hospital, he'd have already been bounced out the door, but the one he's at is a lot better.
Oh dear! This doesn't sound good at all! I am so sad for HB as he has had such misfortune with his scooter and now this! I hope that they can do some clot busters (if that is the problem) and resolve this issue the sooner the better. I'm glad he is at the better hospital. To already have had an MRI? They are really looking into his veins. So glad they are doing such a good work-up.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

I finally was able to schedule my first Covid 19 vaccine today as the province opened it up to 60 plus. It will be on April 30. I had to book the second vaccine at the same time and it’s for August 20. I wish the two vaccines were closer together but that’s how it’s being done in Canada. Prairie Waif - in Ontario, anyone 55 plus can make appointments for the AstraZeneca vaccine at the pharmacy. In my city it includes Shoppers and two other independent pharmacies. This was opened up last week. I held off to wait for the Pfizer. I am relieved to at least have some dates. Dh who is 73 gets his next week. I have been keeping a very close watch and it helps that Dd2 works at the hospital.

This morning I had a phone consultation with my family physician and I also had my pickup order from Walmart. This week was a little disappointing as several items were not available and I only found out this morning. But we will have to make things due and I have already placed another order for next week to reserve a slot time.

I am making potato leek soup for dinner now that I have the potatoes. Dh and Dd2 will eat up the chicken and I think we’ll have oven roasted asparagus.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Jackie I sure am glad your son is able to get back for a visit. Janet I am glad Teddi seems to be doing better. And I was sorry to hear about HB.

Creative