Daily check in April 8, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily check in April 8, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:29 pm I love that park. We used to visit it on our way west in the summers.
It is SO beautiful! So many lakes. So many hiking trails.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:38 pm Good afternoon beautiful people,

Today it’s been raining for pretty much the whole day. We really need it as March was very dry and it’s cleaned up a bit of the grit from last winter and washed away any of the remaining snow.

This morning my car was taken in as there was a defect with the battery. It’s not even two years old so I was shocked yesterday when it wouldn’t start. Dh gave it a boost from his car so fortunately we could drive it to the dealer. It’s less than two years old! Next winter we will have to drive it a little more as the cold drains the battery and it doesn’t get a chance to recharge as when it’s driven. The dealership was very nice and replaced a new battery without charge. No courtesy ride due to Covid and you can’t wait in the waiting room, so I drove Dh twice in his car so he could come back home.

I received an Emergency alert at 11 am, and it also came on the tv about our Stay at Home order. All non essential stores like clothing are back to curb side pickup and delivery only. Aside from that, not many changes here. We at least can still go outside for exercise. But I sure would not have predicted this pandemic would last so long! I did a load of laundry only to discover the dryer wouldn’t start again. A new part is on order, so I just hung everything on drying racks inside. Much better to be the dryer rather than the washer.

Dh received his genetic results and he does not carry the PMS2 gene variant. But they are still puzzled with DD2’s results and are doing yet further testing. They think there might be some gene deviation occurring wi thin her own body. I feel so badly for her! She got a notice in the mail advising her to get a colonoscopy and here she is only 28! The recommended age to start if you carry this gene is 25 and then every two years. It’s certainly not a pleasant thing to prepare for.

I hope you all have a good evening. Janet I sure hope you can get some rest tonight. Jackie, please don’t overdo! Best wishes for HB.

Creative
Creative good to hear your DH does not carry the gene. I do hope they can find out what is going on with your DD. I will keep her in my thoughts for a good outcome.

I did sleep better last night and throughout the night.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Yesterday, early evening, we had a storm roar through with high winds and heavy rain. Then around 8:30 PM another storm. Not so much wind but the lightening was intense and when the thunder rolled in my whole house shook. I have a very large house with 6 inch walls. Could not believe the intensity of both however the thunder and lightening did not last as long as the first storm. This morning found a large shutter was ripped out of a brick wall lying on the ground not just hanging so it was really a strong wind. Spent time this afternoon picking up small limbs and lots of sticks. Teddi did have some anxious moments for about 15 to 20 min but I put him up on my bed and snuggled really close, petted him, and spoke soothingly to him. After a while he began to relax. So glad I did not have to give him an anti-anxiety pill.

Teddi is doing better and seems to be his old self as far as activities. However he is still not thrilled to eat kibble instead of pork roast but he does eat it at least once daily. I think his itching has also improved since being on the RX kibble. We both need to loose weight so as long as he is eating and getting exercise outside that is the important thing. Speaking of exercise. I bought a treadmill. I use to have a huge one in the basement but never got down there to use it so sold it. The new one is smaller and can be folded and put under my bed, I need to exercise more and the weather always seems to be too hot, too cold, rain etc. Now there will be no excuses..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I am glad the house was structurally okay and Teddi is doing so much better. Our Lily has improved to the point that she can eat a dry kibble again too. It's a pork kibble, but she is doing great on it.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 pm Janet, I am glad the house was structurally okay and Teddi is doing so much better. Our Lily has improved to the point that she can eat a dry kibble again too. It's a pork kibble, but she is doing great on it.
Do you buy the pork kibble at Chewy? This current bag of RX dog food costs a fortune.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Yes. It's made by Zignature. A four pound bag is about $12, if I remember correctly. Lily weighs 20 pounds, and that size bag lasts her about two weeks.

Zignature makes a small breed blend of salmon, lamb and beef that the other two are eating. I am going to try Lily on it when she has been on her allergy shots a few more months.
Mackie