are stores still cleaning shopping carts???

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

are stores still cleaning shopping carts???

Post by icfrugal1 »

I was very surprised the other day, Costco is no longer "cleaning" the shopping carts between uses. :| Before they were spraying the carts.

Now at Costco, you take your cart, then inside you can wipe it down !!!! My plan is to grab the wipe go outside and wipe my cart off and go back inside.

I am very surprised!!!

Then we were at Walmart today and it looks like they aren't spraying the carks off either. I went inside for the wipes and went outside to wipe my cart off before using it.

Are the carts being "cleaned" between uses at your stores?

IC
Quilter51

Re: are stores still cleaning shopping carts???

Post by Quilter51 »

No. The evidence is pretty clear that surfaces are not the problem. Live droets are. My stores have sanitizing wipes next to the carts for self use as they always did. I so carry wipes in my car.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:57 pm I was very surprised the other day, Costco is no longer "cleaning" the shopping carts between uses. :| Before they were spraying the carts.

Now at Costco, you take your cart, then inside you can wipe it down !!!! My plan is to grab the wipe go outside and wipe my cart off and go back inside.

I am very surprised!!!

Then we were at Walmart today and it looks like they aren't spraying the carks off either. I went inside for the wipes and went outside to wipe my cart off before using it.

Are the carts being "cleaned" between uses at your stores?

IC
That is why I carry wipes in my car. I take one with me to wipe down the cart since the wipes they provide are inside and sometimes they run out. I use the clorox wipes.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I take my own wipes too. We grab a cart from the corral outside where it's had time to sit in the sunshine and wipe down the handle and edges.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Last time I was in Meijer, they still were putting a basket on top of the cart with a sign saying "Cart in front of this have been sanitized." My regional specialty store still has a young man outside retrieving carts and spraying them. I don't know about Kroger. They have paper towels and spray and sometimes even wipe sitting next to the carts.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

They are at Walmart here but not at the grocery store I always use. I make sure I can do so by using a wipe.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/