Daily Check in April 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 9, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,
Happy Friday and it is my payday. woo-hoo!
I finally files my taxes last night. I still need to do State. I am bummed I was unable to file as HoH. Instead I had to pay about $200. I told DS that next year I want to file with him as MY dependent as I will end up giving him more $$ for school than his Dad. His Dad still picks up his cell phone, car ins and repairs at this point. Still waiting to see if he needs a new laptop. He had not taken/sent it to Dell. He is getting by with the USB keyboard and he has his University-issued iPad.

DS1's birthday is next week. He has no burning wants. They back part of their yard, near the fence is wet and the dogs are good at rolling in it. I was looking at some shrubs that tolerate wet areas. I'd like to take a field trip with them to the Nursery. Then I can also buy some for DDIL who's BD is a month after DS's.

My friend invited t=he gang over to sit around the firepit tonight. But hen said it might be too windy, but we can still gather in her backyard. Almost all of that group have been fully vaccinated.

Have a wonderful day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in April 9, 2021

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Maggie and everyone.

I had a good nights sleep. Today we are suppose to have good weather so my aide and I are going to go to the recycling dumpster and since it is not that far from the river road we are going to take a nice drive up the river road. It is always scenic any time of the year but this time of year the red bud trees and dogwood trees will be blooming. We will end up at a small river town and stop to have fish. Not much else planned.

Yesterday I set up my new treadmill. It is Fitnation slimline treadmill and fits well in my bedroom. Now I can exercise no matter what the weather is outside.

Have a good day..
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

It is overcast here today and a bit cooler. According to the weather pundits the weather is supposed to worsen around the beginning of next week. They say rain, turning to the dreaded "S" word by the middle of the week. While we do need moisture, most would prefer it falls as rain and not snow at this time of year. Now I am thinking that perhaps it's a good thing I did not pack away winter clothes as of yet.

I will be heading out for my morning walk, and hopefully getting the 14 blocks in before I get chilled. There is a bit of wind which always makes it feel much colder in my mind. Still I always feel so much better after a walk outdoors. Yesterday I managed my long morning walk, my walk to get the mail, and another 10 block walk later in the afternoon. Shock of shocks I ended up with 11.5k steps.

Today Hubby and I get to go shopping. My list is relatively short, but if nasty weather is on the horizon I am wondering if I should make a trip to Walmart and pick up a few over-the-counter items I will need next week or take a wait and see attitude. The later appeals to me much more as I will have had my first vaccination and perhaps be a bit safer. Numbers of the cases in my "zone" have shot up and I know of two families that live within a block of me that have the virus. My sub zone is not as bad as the sub zone where my crazy freedom marching, non mask wearing (though I am pretty sure they lie about that), no social distancing relatives live. It is double our amount. The new variant found here is the UK one. So far the Brazilian one has stayed in BC and I believe Alberta just found a case. It can stay there. Only one more day before I get my jab.

I really did absolutely nothing yesterday. I walked, I did a bit of picking up, a bit of computer work, strip the sheets off the bed, help Hubby remake said bed, folded the bedding, and a little bit of knitting. I did read, and walk so I guess that is something.

Today I shop, dust, and sweep the floors. Did not mop yesterday but perhaps if I feel up to it after shopping today. I do know I will do some more knitting and perhaps (really need to) make a loaf of bread. Not a strenuous day at all.

Supper tonight is going to be salmon fillets, rice, and that cabbage side dish of that Rinty posted about. I also have some fruit that needs using so that will be dessert for the next few days.

Today I am grateful that the weather while cooler will still let me get out and walk.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning beautiful people,

Today it’s expected that we will have another day of rain. I still hope at some point to get outside to take a walk. The temperatures have dipped a bit, so I will probably wear my winter coat once again.

I folded a load of laundry which I hung up inside. We are still waiting for the dryer part of a new on-off switch to arrive. Apparently it’s on back order. I hope it doesn’t take too long! It’s a bit awkward with sheets and blankets. A loaf of bread is also baking in my machine.

It’s the type of day conducive to a lot of reading so perhaps that’s what I will do. I need to contact Walmart and Giant Tiger to straighten out my online orders. I have been awaiting a long time for refunds. And I also have to contact Amazon about a pending refund for an article not received. These are not my favourite things to do, but I am going to get on it right away.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Jackie I am happy you are getting your vaccine tomorrow. Dh gets his next week.

Creative
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I slept pretty good, some wacky dreams but I guess you will have that sometimes.

It is cool and grey looking outside. We did not get much rain at all. I had to turn the heat up just a bit...It felt too cool and damp. It is tricky regulating the temps when it is like this.

Hopefully by early afternoon i can go out and start cleaning beneath the pine trees.

I need to run the robo-vac and dishwasher sometime today and am considering making a meatloaf...in the large muffin tin for individual meatloaves....

Not a lot else to report....might update later.

JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It seems I got a package yesterday that wasn’t for me. Since it was just down the hall on the other side of the floor I went and delivered it before breakfast.

My trash is gathered and out. I had one bag and 2 cartons. I have a dress wash in the washer it should be close to time to put it in the dryer.

My H-E-B order is due to be delivered between 10:30 and 11:30 I ordered a Rotisserie chicken for dinner.

I also ordered the fixing to make an apple pie. I am determined to bake one with a crisp bottom crust.

I ordered 2 different types of apples for my pie.

I have been using wax paper over my keyboard while I eat. I did order a plastic folder to try and make a cover just for that purpose. Meanwhile the wax paper does work.

Penny