Daily Check in April 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in April 9, 2021

Post by clemencia2us »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:30 pm Clem, the very idea of festival food sounds so yummy. I have been craving fried chicken, but I'm also trying to get DH to eat better, so I'm not mentioning the craving and keep eating fish and veggies.
I went out there to try to get something, but they wanted me to pay ten dollars to park. Now I could have parked on the street, but I parked at our local grocery store. But I guess if you are not going to go in the store - you need to pay to park. Which I understand. But I left - the principal of the thing - lol

I was craving chicken on a stick and spiral fries on a stick.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:38 am Good morning, frugal friends. I have been busy doing work paperwork this morning.

Yesterday evening I got a jump on the weekend and did my laundry. Washed the blouses I bought on Poshmark and hung them up to dry. They look great and I'm wearing a cute summer plaid one today.

I did not get Lily Dog bathed last night, but did give her a thorough brushing and combing, which pulled out her shedding fur and made her smell fresh as a daisy. I have to resist the urge to put bows on her ears -- she has long, curly ear feathers that would be adorable with little bows -- because she's just too dignified for that. :-D

Looking forward to the weekend. I need to catch up on my sleep and do some housekeeping. Although I've tried to avoid buying anything new, I also need to order at least one pair of new work slacks, as one pair of the five I have is noticeably wearing out. The two black pairs I have are still in great shape but need to be re-dyed again. This time I'll be using a Rit color stay additive and hope they'll hold the color longer than six months.

Talk of so many getting their shots is exciting. I can't wait to get my second one and be done with the process.

Hope everyone has a lovely, peaceful day.

The groomer use to put bows on Allies ears. As soon as she got in the car I would take them off. After a couple of months they started to put the bows on her collar. I guess they saw me taking them off..lol.

Thanks for the tip on the Rit dye for your black slacks. I have some that need to be dyed never thought of doing that before.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is 97 degrees here!

Crazy times. LOL
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Still pretty cool here today, but tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, and then the snow and rain hit on Monday. Not looking forward to the snow portion.

Shopping for at least the week is done. I shake my head every time I leave a store. Fewer bags and a higher cost. When will it end?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good Evening Frugal Friends. It was a weird day. I had the day off (Monday off too - taking some long weekends through the spring and summer to try to use some of my vacation time). I didn't accomplish what I wanted to.

Did get a few calls made, took care of my boss's dogs this morning (dd and her SO do the afternoon and evening times), made a hair appointment for tomorrow - (yayyyyy, it's been forever since I got my hair done and it's a hot mess).

Have some outside work to do this weekend - clean out my car, raking, clean gutters...It never ends.

Was not feeling entirely well today I guess and didn't realize how tired I've been, so just fittered the day away. Oh well...that's okay.

Happy Weekend to All.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update;

Well i was able to get a little more than half of the leaves and pine straw taken care of!!!
The wind finally died down a good bit so I commenced to raking and hauling...I also got my saw out and cut all of the dead limbs out of the pine trees .I hauled them to the brush pile area but did not add them to the pile because it needs burned before I add to it. I don't like it to get too big.

OMG that area is already looking so much better. I am filthy dirty now...lots of dust involved in that job!

I had a serving of pasta salad for "supper"... will probably have some cheese and crackers after I get myself cleaned up. I hope I don't leave a ring in the tub LOL!!!!

I hope I can finish that area tomorrow...even if it is cool I can still work but not in the rain...

I am pleased with how much I got done...I run out of energy so fast these days...I am out of shape.
I used to be able to go like that all day long...I think those days are past for me.

JCKitty