Daily Check in April 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check in April 9, 2021

Post by Mrscreative »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:27 pm Hi Creative..I feel so bad about my post to you yesterday. When I read Jackie's response about Algonquin Park..I realized the something happened to my post to you. I had said that the gene variation was interesting because as much as we know..there is so much we don't know. BUT...there was SO much more to that paragraph that disappeared. I went on to say how sorry I was that your daughter had to deal with it. Of course I know it is a worry for you. I don't know what happened to the rest of that paragraph....but please don't think for a second that I was making light of your daughter's situation. I promise you I wasn't.
No worries- I didn’t feel you were making light of it. I guess we both have a 20% chance of colon cancer in our lifetime since we both carry that gene, hence the need for regular colonoscopies. The genetic doctor had never told me that. But a much better prognosis than constitutional mismatch repair deficiency which is what she would have had Dh also carried this gene. I am just tired of worrying about anyone getting cancer. And the new lockdown is challenging too.

I have never been to Algonquin Park. It would be a bit of a drive from our house but I have heard it’s truly beautiful. I am not much for tent camping, more of a glamping kind of a girl.

Creative
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in April 9, 2021

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:44 pm No worries- I didn’t feel you were making light of it. I guess we both have a 20% chance of colon cancer in our lifetime since we both carry that gene, hence the need for regular colonoscopies. The genetic doctor had never told me that. But a much better prognosis than constitutional mismatch repair deficiency which is what she would have had Dh also carried this gene. I am just tired of worrying about anyone getting cancer. And the new lockdown is challenging too.

I have never been to Algonquin Park. It would be a bit of a drive from our house but I have heard it’s truly beautiful. I am not much for tent camping, more of a glamping kind of a girl.

Creative
Thanks.