Daily Check in April 9, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in April 9, 2021

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I have been busy doing work paperwork this morning.

Yesterday evening I got a jump on the weekend and did my laundry. Washed the blouses I bought on Poshmark and hung them up to dry. They look great and I'm wearing a cute summer plaid one today.

I did not get Lily Dog bathed last night, but did give her a thorough brushing and combing, which pulled out her shedding fur and made her smell fresh as a daisy. I have to resist the urge to put bows on her ears -- she has long, curly ear feathers that would be adorable with little bows -- because she's just too dignified for that. :-D

Looking forward to the weekend. I need to catch up on my sleep and do some housekeeping. Although I've tried to avoid buying anything new, I also need to order at least one pair of new work slacks, as one pair of the five I have is noticeably wearing out. The two black pairs I have are still in great shape but need to be re-dyed again. This time I'll be using a Rit color stay additive and hope they'll hold the color longer than six months.

Talk of so many getting their shots is exciting. I can't wait to get my second one and be done with the process.

Hope everyone has a lovely, peaceful day.
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Penny,

I was determined to get a nice crisp crust on my peach pie yesterday also, so I brushed the bottom crust with softened butter before putting the filling in....it worked for me.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I think I slept okay. Did have to get up a few times to use the bathroom.

It was a nice cool evening. Thank goodness cuz it is supposed to be very warm today. But tomorrow will cool down again

Not sure what I will do today. Having out town's big festival. Started last night. Lots of food, carnival, shows, rodeo, parade etc. I am sort of surprised it is still being held. I don't plan on going to the fairgrounds. Too many people. No masks required. Oh well.

But do want to get some festival food from some of the stands not inside the grounds. Mmm.

We shall see
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:42 am Good morning beautiful people,

Today it’s expected that we will have another day of rain. I still hope at some point to get outside to take a walk. The temperatures have dipped a bit, so I will probably wear my winter coat once again.

I folded a load of laundry which I hung up inside. We are still waiting for the dryer part of a new on-off switch to arrive. Apparently it’s on back order. I hope it doesn’t take too long! It’s a bit awkward with sheets and blankets. A loaf of bread is also baking in my machine.

It’s the type of day conducive to a lot of reading so perhaps that’s what I will do. I need to contact Walmart and Giant Tiger to straighten out my online orders. I have been awaiting a long time for refunds. And I also have to contact Amazon about a pending refund for an article not received. These are not my favourite things to do, but I am going to get on it right away.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Jackie I am happy you are getting your vaccine tomorrow. Dh gets his next week.

Creative
Hi Creative..I feel so bad about my post to you yesterday. When I read Jackie's response about Algonquin Park..I realized the something happened to my post to you. I had said that the gene variation was interesting because as much as we know..there is so much we don't know. BUT...there was SO much more to that paragraph that disappeared. I went on to say how sorry I was that your daughter had to deal with it. Of course I know it is a worry for you. I don't know what happened to the rest of that paragraph....but please don't think for a second that I was making light of your daughter's situation. I promise you I wasn't.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

well my plan to rake and move pine straw and leaves has been derailed...way too windy. I moved one big pile but the wind was blowing it into the portion of the yard I have already cleaned. I will wait for a calm day. Can't burn the brush pile for the same reason...

So I did the next best thing, I picked a huge bouquet of daffodils, narcissi, grape hyacinths and some small branches of coral colored honeysuckle...my vase is a cleaned out candle jar in a teal color . It looks great if I do say so myself. The wind was whipping them so much that it was bending the stems.

So I guess i get to dust this afternoon, boy am i excited :roll:

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, the very idea of festival food sounds so yummy. I have been craving fried chicken, but I'm also trying to get DH to eat better, so I'm not mentioning the craving and keep eating fish and veggies.
Mackie