Daily Check in April 10

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in April 10

Post by mbrudnic »

Testing, testing...
LOL be right back!
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in April 10

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Happy Saturday. Sometime today, it's loosey-goosey, I will go down to DS1's. His birthday in Monday. I got him a little game, but I'd like to buy them some landscaping. Their back yard has an area near their fence that stays wet and the dogs (and boys) keep coming in muddy. So some shrubs that can tolerate wet conditions seems like a good solution. DDIL's birthday is next month.

The pieces to my electric sit stand desk have arrived. I've been wanting one and since my Work at home situations seems permanent, I pulled the trigger. I was worried about getting it to my second floor apartment, but it arrive in 2 boxes that, while heavy, the FEDEX drive deposited at my doorstep. DS also offered to come help. So I may spend some time this weekend putting it together, re-arranging furniture (and cleaning)

Have a great day,
Maggie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Maggie and everyone.

We have heavy rain which we desperately need. It is 50 F something and only going to the low 60's F. We lucked out last night and the storms stayed south and west of us.

Today I plan on working in my craft room. There are a few things in there that need to find a home elsewhere. I store some of my holiday decorating things in there and they are taking up too much room. Other than cooking not much else planned.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Today is the day I am so excited. I get my first injection of the vaccine!!! I am almost dancing this morning. Hopefully very soon we can book our second shot, I do wish we could have booked them immediately like Ontario is doing, but it seems each province is going about this vaccination a bit differently.

Today will be a no spend day, and I plan on dropping off a couple of bags of donations early this morning. This time to the other second hand store in town. Also the bread I planned to make yesterday needs making today. Since it is a mite chilly out this morning I think my morning walk will be in front of the television which means I can start that bread and keep an eye on it earlier.

Other then a phone call to my youngest brother after the shot, I really do not have much to do. Snow and miserable weather is headed our way for next week (heck starting tomorrow) so we will bring in the chair cushions tonight and put them back in the basement. Not going to move wardrobes around or pack away my winter coats for awhile yet.

Pretty sure knitting will be happening (almost finished the shawl just a few more inches to do) and perhaps I might re-thread my machine for that top once again. The needle should be changed as well since the fabric to be sewn is knit.

In actual fact life is pretty boring here during a pandemic. Don't really go anywhere or do anything. However I am tempted to tell Hubby that tomorrow afternoon we are going for a drive just to see something different. Mind you that depends on the weather to a very big extent. My trip could be a virtual one if I can find one that I would like.

Getting a bit worried with the rise in cases around here. Our portion of the zone has about 70 active cases (and I know of 8 people within a two block radius), the next portion of the zone that we will be needing to travel through has 125 active cases and both are rising rapidly. I have heard there are cries from Doctors in the province asking the government to lock us down much the way they have locked down and area around the capital. Really we aren't that locked down, but having signs saying "Covid area" around the zone is slightly off putting.

Supper tonight is going to be Ribs, I must pull those out of the freezer. My meals this week were all mixed up because of company, and trying to rid the fridge of leftovers.

Today I am grateful for that my province is doing very well with the vaccine roll out.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Thrilled you are getting your shot today Jackie.
Heading out for a day of yard work. Supposed to hit 70 degrees. Starting tomorrow and all next week...rain.
I started my experimental veg. garden in my garden cart. I planted tomatoes...basil..rosemary..and lettuce in fabric pots. I leave the cart out in the sun and for now am wheeling the cart into the shed in the evening.
I will also plant peppers and cucumbers. We'll see what happens!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Woke up to a nice bright sunny COOL morning. Temps in the low 60s! We hit 99 yesterday but it really was not that bad. Weird. One good thing about getting older.

Well I'm up and dressed - today is parade day. Lots of cars going by right now - people getting set up

I used to have a big crowd here, but haven't done that in a few years. It could be a pain with the COD not being a morning person.

Maybe i will get some festival food today.

Have a good one