Daily Check In April 23, 2021

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In April 23, 2021

Post by mbrudnic »

Hi everyone,

The work week has ended. I have had so much on my plate that I was dropping things. My manager realized it and things have been a bit better today.

I did not sleep well last night - stress. So I did not get my laundry started this morning. But I put a load in. I have three to day. I actually did a load of towels 2 days ago as my towel loads have been very heavy.

I have interfacing on all the t-shirts. I do need to do some cutting I have one side planned out. I need to trim shorts for the other side and plan it out. I may sit at the sewing machine this weekend. But the 12 inch blocks will go fast.

Otherwise I need to make my grocery list. I am out of a variety of proteins. I have an abundance of tuna, frozen and canned, and frozen shrimp, but that is all. I need easy-to-make items for lunch. I went through all my soups. I have a pita-pizza in the toaster oven for dinner.

Have a great evening,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Darn Jackie

Wish we could send you vaccine

Our county was aiming to giving a thousand shots a day for 30 days and people are just not going.

They ask and ask "where can we get a shot - and then do not go"

It isn't even appointment required - just drive up, fill out a form, get your shot, wait your 15 minutes.

They will probably end up cutting it short.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:13 pm Darn Jackie

Wish we could send you vaccine

Our county was aiming to giving a thousand shots a day for 30 days and people are just not going.

They ask and ask "where can we get a shot - and then do not go"

It isn't even appointment required - just drive up, fill out a form, get your shot, wait your 15 minutes.

They will probably end up cutting it short.
NYT had an article today that some of the larger vaccination sites are shutting down because there aren’t enough takers. Yesterday at lunch we (all vaccinated) were talking and several have family members (children, son-in-law) who don’t want the vaccine. My RI cousin’s two kids don’t want to get it. To me this means it is going to take a lot longer to get back to normal. Sheesh!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

My day went well. Pippi gained a few ounces! That always makes me happy. For the most part she is eating well.

I worked two hours in the yard at mom’s house, mostly trimming. Backyard needs cutting and I’ll try to do it Monday. I carried Pippi into the yard to see the great outdoors.

It’s been hit or miss getting cat food at Publix but today I got a 24-pack of the three chicken flavors. I actually bought an item that had gone down in price, Publix brand unsalted saltine crackers.

It warmed up quite a bit, unfortunately, and I turned down my a/c by 1 degree (to 77 F.)
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:08 am Morning Jackie and all --

Supposed to be a wet-ish day here, with scattered showers. But the high is creeping up to the upper 60s today. My kind of weather (sans the rain). Soon enough it will be hotter than blue blazes here. My first few irises have popped up and there are a lot more big buds ready to bloom. I'm so glad they hadn't bloomed before this last cold snap. It didn't get down to freezing, but it was only a couple of degrees from there, and I think it would have taken them out.

I finally decided on a coffee maker. I ended up getting an old fashioned percolator. It makes really good, rich coffee. I don't use a paper filter - just use the stainless steel basket - and I think that alone makes a big difference in the flavor.

I'm excited to get this MRI behind me. I do hate them so much, but I try to hum show tunes or remember a pleasant memory. Anything to keep me from freaking out and ruining the scan. They seem to last forever. One time I came up with my top ten list of the worst songs ever. Maybe I'll do a variation on that theme this time.

The diagnostic center called me on Wednesday to verify the appointment and to tell me what my copay would be. Ouch. I went ahead and gave her my c/c info so I don't have to fool with it today. So it's been a spendy week.
Patty good luck with your MRI.. I know what you mean about trying to stay still. The one I go to allows me to bring my own CD. Not sure if you can do that where you are going.

What is the brand of the percolator you are going to buy? I am looking in to getting a new coffee pot and remember my parents use to have one but that was years ago.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good evening everyone. Not much going on here. I finally have my spare bedroom completely empty of the stuff that did not belong in there. I loaded up the car yesterday and drove it down the hill to the basement. They are a few things in there that need to be relocated somewhere on the main level of the house. My niece will be coming for the wedding in May and she is planning on coming early and might be here for a couple of weeks so I want the drawers and closet empty so that she can put her things away instead of living out of a suitcase. Really looking forward to seeing her. It has been a couple of years since she was last here. Although she is my niece we consider each other best friends. We are only 13 years apart in age.

She has retired from working for the airline industry. She was a flight attendant and then a purser. She has lots of free tickets from her airline and she promised me once this pandemic is over we are going to travel the world. When she was 19 and I was 32 when we traveled around the UK and Europe for 5 weeks. We did it all on our own no travel agents. We had BritRail and Eurail passes and hit the road and did what we wanted when we wanted. We split up in Holland she went on to her school in Sweden and I went to the UK and then headed home. Told her our vagabond days were over..lol. She said, " even if you need a wheelchair we are going." She accompanied my DM to Ireland a few months before she died. Mom was in a wheelchair a lot but they still had a good time. So looking forward to seeing her and planning our dream vacations.
Janet Alliesmama