My tips.. What are yours?

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
dlrcpa

Re: My tips.. What are yours?

Post by dlrcpa »

Kohl's emailed me a $10 gift cert for my birthday. Going to spend that this weekend. Bath & Body works also sent some good coupons - a free travel size item, and a full size item for $5 (normally around $13.) So my birthday treat to myself.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

My current fave is reusing plastic fresh produce bags (with twist ties that I save to close bags of GF bread) to cover frozen raw meat in microwave while it thaws. Less mess (or none) in microwave, plus I put the meat wrappers into the bag, so less drippage & smell in garbage too.
AmyBoz

Post by AmyBoz »

My biggest frugal tip is the library.

I have both a book and a movie addiction. And, with four kids, a lot of movies have been watched here, over the years.

We use the library once a week and get books and movies. As long as we bring them back on time, it's a great way to save money.

Also, I look for give backs/ giveaways on the products I normally buy. For example, we buy a lot of microwave popcorn when it is on sale. We usually pop from kernels, but we do microwave in a pinch.

Anyway, Jolly Time had their Smart Pop on sale for $1.29 a box, but each box had a free Redbox code. So, every trip, I buy four. I know the popcorn will be eaten, it's a good price for the popcorn, and it's free movies that don't expire until 12.31.18. Win, win!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

AmyBoz wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:52 am My biggest frugal tip is the library.

I have both a book and a movie addiction. And, with four kids, a lot of movies have been watched here, over the years.

We use the library once a week and get books and movies. As long as we bring them back on time, it's a great way to save money.

Also, I look for give backs/ giveaways on the products I normally buy. For example, we buy a lot of microwave popcorn when it is on sale. We usually pop from kernels, but we do microwave in a pinch.

Anyway, Jolly Time had their Smart Pop on sale for $1.29 a box, but each box had a free Redbox code. So, every trip, I buy four. I know the popcorn will be eaten, it's a good price for the popcorn, and it's free movies that don't expire until 12.31.18. Win, win!
I don’t buy microwave popcorn often, but recently I was staying at a hotel with a microwave and stopped at a local store to buy some snacks. I saw the Jolly Time popcorn with the Redbox code and bought it. I paid $2.50 for the box so not as good a deal as you but still I was happy. Like you, I was happy that the code is good through the end of the year.