my motto, make it last longer go further...glasses?

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
chella52

my motto, make it last longer go further...glasses?

Post by chella52 »

Okay, I say this to start, Im disabled retired early live on fixed income. Several years now, my eyes havent changed much at all but geeze insurance only pays alittle toward my glasses. So I started trying to use the same frames, well those are eventually looking bad as the paint is falling off and getting scratched up.
I found a place that refurbishes your glasses and frames. They can get scratches out and those spots as well as fix all types of problems with the frames. More economical than buying new. So now, I go get my eye examination but if nothing has significantly changed...I dont worry about it and I just sent two of some very old but very expensive frames in to them to be refurbished.
Frank Rowe and Son inc. on line. I hope this helps you too.
sds31

Re: my motto, make it last longer go further...glasses?

Post by sds31 »

I think my sister sent her glasses to be fixed via someone online too; she was very happy.
sds31

Post by sds31 »

Yep; it was All-American Eyeglass Repair; they're online. I am not sure if we can post links here; it's overwhelming to remember every website's arbitrary do's and don'ts and who has time to look things up over and over?
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Wow!!! Many, many thanks for this information!!!

I wear trifocals and the lenses are VERY expensive. Then, add in the cost of the frames, which I replace every couple of new lenses, you've got a huge expense.

Again, MANY thanks for the information!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Not glasses, but DH has had several pairs of shoes get major repairs done under warranty. He recently mailed a pair back to the manufacturer because he took it to a repair shop he likes, they told him it might be covered by warranty. So he called the company and asked, they send him a large envelope to mail the shoes to them. He is still waiting to hear back on this pair.

I have had my current glasses since 2010. I sat on them last year and was fearful they could not be fixed, but the optometrist did manage to get them back into shape. Whew! Never put glasses on a sitting surface!
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I am in need of an eye exam and new glasses. looking to go somewhere other than lens crafters as they are really expensive! this year I have been focused on rotating my shoes and sandals. I tend to wear favorite pairs and they get worn quickly. I am buying
better quality shoes and sandals and will have them repaired when necessary. I do not wear the same pair two days in a row and maintain them and they last for years and stay in shape.