Shaving with OIL!

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
ChopinLover

Shaving with OIL!

Post by ChopinLover »

Well, folks, I stumbled across several young mens and women's shaving blogs and this seems to be a big trend.. AND it WORKS! I tried it on my legs last nite, and WOW what a cheap, easy thing to do. Everyones rituals varied, but I simply took a teaspoon or so of coconut oil [any veggie oil will do, basically], rubbed it generously over my legs. Swiped the razor over. I liked that I could SEE my skin. Rinsed the razor under hot water. When done I splashed some warm water over my skin. ALso had to swish the blade in a small amount of hot soapy water to release oil/hairs--btw far less water than shaving with creams or soaps.
The best part? My legs were NOT chafed, dried, NO razor burn, no bumps. SOFT as silk and no need to apply extra lotions. I will try this next on my bikini areas, which are the most prone to bumps, ingrowns, cuts, etc. The Bloggers raved by this tip.
Chickypoo

Re: Shaving with OIL!

Post by Chickypoo »

Hmmmmm, cool idea. DH stores his razors in a bit of oil and keeps them sharp for a long time.

I found a recipe yesterday to make homemade coconut milk. When you store it in the fridge overnight, the oil becomes a solid at the top. If you use coconut milk, you could remove that from the top and use that!
Trisa
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good idea, I have some bath oil I will never use in the tub so will try to remember that tip.
ChopinLover

Post by ChopinLover »

NO don't use bath oil. You can use any UNSCENTED veggie oil. Bath Oil can contain scents and chemicals that can cause a bad reaction.
ChopinLover

Post by ChopinLover »

[quote="Chickypoo"]Hmmmmm, cool idea. DH stores his razors in a bit of oil and keeps them sharp for a long time.

I found a recipe yesterday to make homemade coconut milk. When you store it in the fridge overnight, the oil becomes a solid at the top. If you use coconut milk, you could remove that from the top and use that![/quote

I buy a big tub of virgin coconut oil at Costco, also can use olive, grapeseed, almond, corn, canola.
Chickypoo

Post by Chickypoo »

I've never tried coconut oil, many of the people I work with use it. I've used coconut milk to make a coconut cake.

But I will definitely try the shaving with oil. My legs look like snakeskin
Trisa