Shaving with OIL!

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
gaylejackson2

Re: Shaving with OIL!

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ChopinLover wrote:Well, folks, I stumbled across several young mens and women's shaving blogs and this seems to be a big trend.. AND it WORKS! I tried it on my legs last nite, and WOW what a cheap, easy thing to do. Everyones rituals varied, but I simply took a teaspoon or so of coconut oil [any veggie oil will do, basically], rubbed it generously over my legs. Swiped the razor over. I liked that I could SEE my skin. Rinsed the razor under hot water. When done I splashed some warm water over my skin. ALso had to swish the blade in a small amount of hot soapy water to release oil/hairs--btw far less water than shaving with creams or soaps.
The best part? My legs were NOT chafed, dried, NO razor burn, no bumps. SOFT as silk and no need to apply extra lotions. I will try this next on my bikini areas, which are the most prone to bumps, ingrowns, cuts, etc. The Bloggers raved by this tip.
Oh this is great!! I kind of dread needing to shave my legs sometimes... as for the lady bits (I love your description :lol:), the shave bumps & itchies usually drive me half-crazy 2-3 days after shaving.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Oh I just remembered about this article I'd read on the One Good Thing by Jillee blog... she makes her own shaving cream from olive oil, shea butter, baking soda, and a few other ingredients -- well she was posting the recipe as a suggestion to make for men for Father's Day, but she also raved about how good it felt on her own skin.

Anyhow, if any are interested, see it here. http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/201 ... g-gel.html

=) Gayle
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I always used hair conditioner as a shaving cream. Now I use an electric razor, when I even bother to shave, LOL Actually, I have to wear compression stockings all the time, and leaving some hair on my legs really helps prevent friction problems with my skin.
ohjodi