When it says "Dry Clean Only" ...

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
colonialgirl

Re: When it says "Dry Clean Only" ...

Post by colonialgirl »

Delighted,
I have read that when a tag reads Dry Cleaning suggested or recommended, that you might get away with washing. But, if it reads Dry Clean ONLY, ithe garment will not make it through any other kind of cleaning without being damaged.

It only happened to me once, hubs tried to help out by washing the pants to my favorite pants suit. The shrank over 12 inches in length and were ruined. So for what it is worth, my one instance confirmed it was true.
Shelsmiles

Post by Shelsmiles »

DH and I used to have clothes that needed dry cleaning when We wore business clothes every day. These days it's jeans and tee shirts. ( I have some dress tee shirts too. Lol )

I used a product that refreshed in the dryer once in a while. I always took jackets or suit pairs in to be dry cleaned. I had an unfortunate incident once where I cleaned some suit pants and they faded noticeably in contrast to the matching jacket. :(

For a while I had a fabulous barter of services with my local dry Cleaner. We traded services straight across and it was lovely.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I did not know that rayon should not be washed. I'll remember that.

Rummage sale season is starting up here and they always have lovely sweaters because people move from the north and don't need them. I don't need sweaters either but I'm drawn to them.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Jackie,
I finally checked and the sweater is 60% Acrylic and 40% cotton.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

You can probably wash it on delicate and dry it flat after kind of stretching it out to the size you need. I have done that with lots of my sweaters that are that fiber content.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Jackie,
Thanks so much for getting back to me. I will give that a try.