Best Birthday Gift for a Frugal Girl

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
11cats2beagles

Best Birthday Gift for a Frugal Girl

Post by 11cats2beagles »

Mercy, my birthday isn't for a couple of days but my parents were by the other night with my yearly "birthday bag" -- my mom collects things throughout the year and fills a bag for me and my sister at our birthdays.

Mine had Corn Huskers Lotion, Bag Balm, lip balm, shower gel, a beautiful hard-cover day planner type calendar for 2016 and more practical goodies. I've never tried the Corn Huskers Lotion before but I'm excited to try it this winter. The Bag Balm, she remembered S.O. and I using some of hers one time - we had both received minor injuries cleaning out the garage and she said "here, try this..." and we loved it!

Do you like to receive these types of presents and what kinds of "frugal minded gifts" have you received or given?
blondeinbuffalo

Re: Best Birthday Gift for a Frugal Girl

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

The best gift for me is a home cooked meal by dh! he is a good cook and will also wash the dishes and pots and pans. just had a birthday on the 10th and he made a nice meal: baked chicken, black beans and dirty rice. I would much rather do this than go out!

neighborhood young lady was going off the college and I gave her a bunch of samples for hair shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. was free to me and she loved it! cj
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

11cats2beagles, I saw that Corn Huskers product the other day at the store. Funny you mention it today! How thoughtful of your mom to include all those things.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Dh and son swear by the corn Huskers lotion so think you will probably like it.
chella52

Post by chella52 »

I think that is awesome and sets a good example, she thinks of you throughout the year not just your birthday