Curbside Shopping

Free food rocks! Come share your latest foraging find, or come to learn. Both newbies and seasoned vets are welcome.
BevMoore

Curbside Shopping

Post by BevMoore »

Once all the rain stops and the annual curbside pickups start I will be looking for firewood. People around here have their trees and shrubs cut and then put all the wood and kindling out at the curbside for pickup. I used up the last of my firewood the other day so will be looking for more.
Bev
blondeinbuffalo

Re: Curbside Shopping

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

That is a great idea and free! can not beat that price. I do curbside acquitions from time to time, now mostly just in my immediate neighborhood. I love it! dh thinks I am nuts but that is ok. cj
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

I do it alot. I get toys and clothes for my little one on the way. The other week I got some toys and clothes and just cleaned them up really good. I also got a microwave stand that I plan on turning into a tv stand for his room and then putting dvds or toys in the bottom. I haven't decided yet to be honest.
blondeinbuffalo

once the snow stops for good I am sure I will be getting a lot of good stuff curbside. fingers crossed. I will be leaving out a box of pots for plants. I am hoping some other neighbors will also be cleaning out their garages too! cj
blondeinbuffalo

I cleaned out my garage this past weekend. lots of stuff put out curbside and gone this morning! I am hoping my neighbors do the same. I get up early, and the early bird usually get the worm! now that I have a small suv I was hoping to be finding much more than I am. very slim pickins! cj
blondeinbuffalo

update! I got a really nice white table curbside picking and a mirror early wednesday morning. doing the happy dance! free feels so good. cj