Daily Check in Aug 30, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BeckyO

Re: Daily Check in Aug 30, 2015

Post by BeckyO »

Afternoon Y'All,
I got to Walmart yesterday evening. The first grocery run in several weeks. I did good. $53 worth of groceries, $50 on the gift card, for gas (gas is $1.98/gal before discounts) and $100 cash for my pocket.

I filled the fruit bowl, apples, oranges and bananas,put blackberries and raspberries in the frig.Also got some raw peanuts. I wish my freezer was bigger. I got a family pack of pork steaks (all sorted and individually bagged by me), blueberry pancakes (I just don't have the energy to stand and cook them from scratch) and 4 sweet and sour chicken TV dinners( I really like them and seldom find them) plus another basket full. It is all put away.

I think I will get most of my chore list done today. Then maybe a little genealogy and some reading on my Kindle ap. I finished a novel yesterday. I really enjoyed it, "The Three Wives of Adam Monroe" by Bernadette Marie. There was no steamy romance just the story of three or more peoples lives as told from several view points.
I also want to download the CD of pics from my visit last week.

Have a good evening...
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

I see where I am credited with 2 posts. I'm not sure that I posted that my EMT dGD is now a Paramedic. after yrs of trying to pass the national exam : ) What a relief : )
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good afternoon!!!

walked the dog, gave him a bath.

pondering how to start again on getting rid of stuff, thank you Bridget!!!!!

ic
peaches

Post by peaches »

icfrugal1 wrote:Good afternoon!!!

walked the dog, gave him a bath.

pondering how to start again on getting rid of stuff, thank you Bridget!!!!!

ic
Thought I was thru.. all but making dinner and dishes... Taking a break reading here... and you reminded me both dogs need walking.. <---Dh's job and I have to give the lil one a bath.. Big dog is Dh's responsibility.. Which means he doesn't get bathed as often. :lol: As for getting rid of stuff.. DH is kind of a hoarder.... I can put stuff in the trash but if he sees it.. he brings it back in. :cry: Used to before he retired.. I could get away with it on trash day... nowadays NOT so MUCH!! :cry: oh well maybe another day. ;)
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Update to my day.

I am very tired today, it has been a long week. I am overtired.

I erased 2 computer hard drives and then reinstalled the OS. My daughter picked up both of them.

My friends son should be back in town tonight. When he will call or contact me I don’t know yet.

I also had a couple of people come by wanting to know what of my friends I had to give away. I told them I had given away all that she had told me to. The rest was up to her son.

Hopefully I will not get more of what my daughter referred to as vultures. Time will tell.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well, I have notified everyone who gave me an email address that still works (the email address I mean). Notified those I could on the about forum (those that don't post often) and those on my Facebook page.

The rest will be up to About redirecting posters here and by word of mouth.

Update

Finished all the household chores, menu plans, and lists for the month (do have to make a packing list however). I even finished off a knitting project. That's three hooded cowls for children done and some using up of items from the craft room.

Supper is started, but I will need Hubby to dig up some carrots. While it is windy (keeps those blood sucking mosquitoes down) I am going to try and get out to pick more tomatoes.

Off to read some more and then back to work.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/