Recipe Ideas for chicken strips

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
Quilter51

Recipe Ideas for chicken strips

Post by Quilter51 »

So frugal friends, we are committed to eating down our freezer completely so it can be thawed. We are now at THAT place were true creativity is required, lol. Somehow I have two large bags of chicken strips (not cubes, cubes would be easier lol). Thoughts on what to make with these bablies? They are the small strips, not tenders.
delighted99

Re: Recipe Ideas for chicken strips

Post by delighted99 »

Some sort of breaded chicken strip? Doesn't have to be fried. This recipes calls for a cornflake breading and is baked:
https://www.tastemade.com/videos/baked- ... ken-strips
nbeaver

Post by nbeaver »

Almost anything that could be made with tenders could also be made with strips: chicken and noodles, chicken rice casserole, chicken caccitore (sp?), chicken tacos or burritos, etc. You could even make chicken pot pie.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Chicken is chicken in any form. LOL Since I love diced chicken on my salad I would cook some of it and dice it up for a salad. Also, you can cook these and easily shred them for making chicken salad. ColonialGirl, said in a post awhile back that a friend adds some dry ranch dressing to the cooking water and I tried it and it's wonderful. I use chicken tenders all the time to make this, just shred, add a little diced onion, mayo, celery seed, salt and pepper to taste and you've got wonderful chicken salad. Taste it before you add the salt, I don't even add salt to mine since I'm trying to cut out as much sodium as I can.
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:08 pm So frugal friends, we are committed to eating down our freezer completely so it can be thawed. We are now at THAT place were true creativity is required, lol. Somehow I have two large bags of chicken strips (not cubes, cubes would be easier lol). Thoughts on what to make with these bablies? They are the small strips, not tenders.
Another recipe occurred to me. It's from Rachael Ray. This one requires more ingredients but it's flavorful and may make enough for leftovers!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rach ... pe-1952113
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

I bread my strips by dusting chicken with flour mixed with salt and pepper and ground garlic. then I dip them in a beaten egg with a tiny bit of water - then I roll in Panko bread crumbs until they are heavenly coated. I spray them lightly with melted butter and bake in 325 - 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes and serve them with thickened Ranch dressing dipping sauce Sooo good. Usually I will make sweet potato fries with parmesan with them since the oven is on. This and some cole slaw make a wonderful meal.

I have a couple of good chicken casseroles that I will find in my recipes and post for you later. You could also cut them up and do a chicken stir fry or make homemade chicken soup by cutting them into chunks. My French market soup mixes ham, smoked sausage and chicken breast along with many kinds of beans. If you would like that recipe, let me know.