Daily Check in Oct. 12, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Oct. 12, 2017

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 pm Hi Everyone,

Late check-in for me. Busy, busy day. Had PT, had to go to the bank, did my grocery shopping, and finished thank-you-notes to everyone for their kindness during the accident. First day of driving the car by myself and did just fine.

Weather has turned off really cool and I had to turn on the heat to warm up the house. I just can't function when I'm not hot enough or cool enough. I would scrimp somewhere else if I had to so I can be comfortable.

I am beginning to feel like I am back in control of my life and it's a great feeling. I can't tell all of you enough to think before you do something that might cause you to hurt yourself. I will never take chances again. I've never liked to ask for help, but from now on I will be making a to-do list for my son-in-law for him to do once a month for me. He has offered and I am going to take him up on it. If he can't get to it then I will find a handyman to do the work. Not worth the pain and cost that an accident causes.

Can't say enough about the convenience of being able to order my groceries on line and pick them up. It's simply wonderful.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and Shelia congratulations to you. Janet, you are the one who will have to take care of that sweet puppy so the decision is yours. I almost let myself get talked into one, but I know that I don't want the responsibility at my age. Vet bills are so expensive and I guess it might be selfish of me, but I want to be able to pick up and go on a whim and I can pay for half a trip for what a kennel would cost me. They are a lot of company without a doubt, but also a lot of work. I couldn't have handled a pet the last 6 weeks alone.

Off to work on a knitting project and watch another episode of The Crown.
Libby thanks for your input. If I had the ability to to travel like I did when I was younger that would be a consideration but I am more or less home-bound for now. The nice thing is one of my friends is a pet sitter and she would be able to take Teddi to her house or come here to stay with him..Do not see any really long trips in my future. You on the other hand have a very active social life that does involve travel so I would see it as a concern if I could travel like you..

Great to hear how well you are progressing with your rehab. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 pm Good Evening All,

I think all the resting I did last weekend was a big help and I have been going to bed early every night and feeling much better.

Today was a work conference in the "city" about an hour away. In addition to free breakfast, snacks, lunch, many give-away items and some good knowledge gained, I won $50 and a bottle of wine. I NEVER gamble - NEVER - but there was some "peer pressure" to participate in the 50/50 drawing - so I did - and was SHOCKED when I won! I am going to put the money away in my long term savings - I won't miss what I've only had for a few hours, lol. Plus, my boss drove - she gets car sick if she isn't the one driving - so no wear and tear on my car.

It's downright cold here mornings and nights - the daytime in between is nice though. I am still enjoying sleeping with the windows open - I just wear warm pajamas and pile on the sheets and blankets. Every window in my house has been open since April (screens in place) - I love having the fresh air all the time - but I know it will soon be time to close them up for a few months.

Well friends, sleep is calling me LOUDLY - so I am off. Everyone take care. Janet, enjoy that new dog!

S
Sheila congrats on the money and wine.

I love sleeping with my windows open too but not wide open as it gets colder. When I was younger, much younger, I woke to snow blowing across my bed..oops.. lol.

I am enjoying Teddi and each day he seems to be adapting more and more.. He just wants to sit in my lap when I am in my recliner or lay beside me in the chair.. When I am up he gets up so I think he is going to be a great little buddy.. We are going to start to go to the park every other day with my neighbor walking. He enjoyed that the other day and was very well behaved. So many people complimented me on how cute and well behaved he was.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Enjoy Teddi,

Penny
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:23 am Enjoy Teddi,

Penny
Thanks Penny. He is a little sweetheart.Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Janet, so happy this day is finally here! able to relax and clean our home as it should be. I am not tired all the time and running on empty. cj
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

blondeinbuffalo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 am Janet, so happy this day is finally here! able to relax and clean our home as it should be. I am not tired all the time and running on empty. cj
As they say the best is yet to come. You worked hard to get to where you are. Enjoy! Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama