Daily Check in Nov 14, 2017

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Nov 14, 2017

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Boy did it get cloudy and cold out in just an hour. The wind has come up and the ground where the snow melted is turning to ice. Should be interesting for those having to drive to work at night or early in the morning. I have a feeling the roads are going to be a skating rink.

Started supper, but I am not sure if we are going to like it. Something new and different, so we will see.

Worked on sewing sets of three 4" fabric squares together. Tomorrow I will be taking those sets of three and making blocks of nine. I am hopeful that I can get them all done and then work on the "disappearing" part on Thursday.

Not too sure if I am going to the meeting on Saturday now. It seems as if my Anglican counterpart is unable to go and Hubby does not want me driving on the roads at night during the winter by myself. Wonder if I could convince him to come????? Doubtful.

Tonight I am going to curl up in my chair and knit while watching TV. I have a new novel to start (free download) but perhaps will save that until bed time.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Grrr. Lands End order arrived and 1 (of 2 total items) was completely wrong. So had to call them and get instructions on the return process. What a pain. This is now the 2nd store I'm refusing to do future business with (JC Penney was a month or 6 weeks ago...) DH's sis gave me a gift card for Lands End. Normally I would not shop there anyway. Need to drop a subtle hint as this is the 2nd time she has given me a GC for them.

Made an apple & raisin pie to use up apples and a pie crust from the freezer.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

jckitty wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:12 pm I am one of the VERY fortunate ones, my health insurance is cheap.
I was paying 79.42 per month and for 2018 it is 85.42.

IF I had a dependent it would be a lot more.
JCKitty
WOW !!!!! !!!Yah for you.

My supplement after medicare is going from $82.00 a month to $90.00 a month 2018. (each for DH and I ) I don't know how much our Medicare will be each month in 2018 yet.

IC
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am
gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am I'll do my shopping this morning after I drop off kids at school, then home to work on learning how to navigate the school district's online Sub Teacher website, AESOP, as there are several videos and tutorials for it.

AND I just realized that the calls I got today and yesterday morning were From the School District!!! ACK!! BUT I'm not ready to do this yet, especially where I need to help with Dh's colonoscopy this week, and I need to get my Preschool applications completed for dd4.

Gayle
The AESOP website is really easy to use. Your username is your phone number - and you just need a 5 digit password. You can set it up to show you all jobs available or only the grades you like. Also tell them if you are willing to take phone calls for jobs or not. Some people don't like being called at 6 in the morning to take an emergency job. I only like afternoon half day jobs.
I agree, AESOP is easy to use, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't misunderstanding anything on it. Truthfully, if I'd had daycare arrangements figured out for dd4 yesterday, I could have worked, and had my choice of 6 different jobs! I don't mind being called at 6 or 6:30 (now that I've figured out what those calls were), as I'm usually awake at 5 or 5:30 anyhow. I'll work all day if I can get it, as that's better money for me, and it's the reason I'm in this game.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am
clemencia2us wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am
gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 am I'll do my shopping this morning after I drop off kids at school, then home to work on learning how to navigate the school district's online Sub Teacher website, AESOP, as there are several videos and tutorials for it.

AND I just realized that the calls I got today and yesterday morning were From the School District!!! ACK!! BUT I'm not ready to do this yet, especially where I need to help with Dh's colonoscopy this week, and I need to get my Preschool applications completed for dd4.

Gayle
The AESOP website is really easy to use. Your username is your phone number - and you just need a 5 digit password. You can set it up to show you all jobs available or only the grades you like. Also tell them if you are willing to take phone calls for jobs or not. Some people don't like being called at 6 in the morning to take an emergency job. I only like afternoon half day jobs.
I agree, AESOP is easy to use, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't misunderstanding anything on it. Truthfully, if I'd had daycare arrangements figured out for dd4 yesterday, I could have worked, and had my choice of 6 different jobs! I don't mind being called at 6 or 6:30 (now that I've figured out what those calls were), as I'm usually awake at 5 or 5:30 anyhow. I'll work all day if I can get it, as that's better money for me, and it's the reason I'm in this game.
you go Gayle!! I should see my first little paycheck in my account tomorrow. Very exciting. Not much since it is only for a half day, but still a thrill. Good luck. Oh - I did apply for a full time job there. Haven't heard from the other job I applied for. I figure the lady that runs the place would rather give it to someone that really needs it. Which is okay with me.