Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

Post by floridacatlover »

chocolite wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:06 am DG, so glad to hear the good news about the kitty. I have a big orange cat crowding my lap at the moment, so the laptop is on the arm of the chair instead of where it should be. :)

Morning, all. Yesterday was not a good day. DH's father passed away. Although it was unexpected, it's not surprising. He had gotten so frail over the past few years. Still, it's such a hard thing to lose a parent.

My legs and back are not doing well. Seems like with each fall I've had, I am hurt worse and I bounce back less. Yesterday was a struggle to go to PT, then to work. I hate using this cane. Today, I feel a bit better, though, and I'm grateful for that.

Today is supposed to be much warmer than it has been - up to the mid 40s. That should melt the remainder of the white stuff we have. I think we are supposed to have a few days respite, then dropping temps again. Trouble is, there are lots of people in the midsouth who don't even own a coat; they just get by with a cardigan or light jacket. But with this weather, that's not really an option. I heard on the news yesterday that a homeless woman froze to death in front of City Hall. If that's not a heartbreaking commentary in itself, I don't know what is.

Hope everyone stays warm and dry today.
Patti, I’m so sorry for your loss and sorry for your DH that he lost his father so suddenly.

Take care of yourself.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 pm Hello Everyone,

I have just 5 days until dh & I fly to Rome Italy, and I'm starting to lose sleep from stress. My family will be in 3 different locations. My lists are growing too.

I have another list for things I need to do today: bank, license dog, groceries, library to return books & get an audiobook, send money via paypal, pick up Rx, etc.

I should run do the bank thing first before I need to pick up ds9 fro school... I need to deposit money, plus dump my change can -- its so heavy I can hardly carry it. Dh donated his change bottle, and it filled up my silver coins can -- his has pennies too, but they will spend too. ;) I'm hoping for at least $200 from the change to boost my Italy spending.

Must get mine & dh's jeans in to wash, and need to check over ds9's clothes too.

Not sure on dinner tonight, but it will be a from-the-freezer thing. Maybe soup as its cold outside... a heavy winter storm in rolling in, we're *cross fingers* supposed to get 4 inches of snow at minimum (I'm seriously praying for it to dump LOTS on us Saturday night).

I may not check back in until we return from Italy, but maybe early on Wednesday morning. ;)

=) Gayle
Gayle, it will all get done so try not to stress.

Have a FABULOUS time in Italy! There is so much history there. Lots of pizza and good ice cream, too. (Just don’t eat the pizza with the fish topping - Yuck.) I know that you will be seeing the new LDS temple that your sister is working on. But I hope that you will visit the Vatican. I’m not Catholic but I thought it was very inspiring and the artwork is so wonderful.

Safe travels.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good afternoon everyone.

Patty sorry for your lost. Hop e that you feel better soon and start to recover from you back problems and falls.

Gayle enjoy your trip to Italy. I second the visit to the Vatican.. I love history and it was awesome to stand and think about what all has happened in the area over the centuries. The art work and the Sistine chapel are amazing.

I have been working on getting my blood sugar and weight under control. I have been so happy that I am keeping my AM fasting sugar at a good level.. This morning I weighed 188 lbs..woo hoo. I have been stuck between 190 and 195 for the last year. Also I am staying on target with being frugal and enjoying it so much. I did not make any resolutions but I have set goals for this year and so far a whole 19 days in I am doing well..lol.

Have a good rest of the day.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Patty, I am sorry for your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Gayle, have a great time in Italy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

II will read the posts after I post this.

DD#2 is finally out of surgery, after 9 hours. She has a permanent colostomy bag. The tumor had grown from 7 cc s to 29 cc s despite all the chemo and radiation. To me that sounds like I came very close to losing a DD. He said he took all the lymph nodes he could and that she is a small women, about 5 ft, 120 pounds, so she should heal quickly- big sigh of relief-- going to the beach was one of her favorite activities .. hope this doesn't change her life too much...
Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts.
BeckyO