Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check in Jan 19, 2018

Post by chocolite »

BeckyO wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:20 pm DD#2 is finally out of surgery, after 9 hours. She has a permanent colostomy bag. The tumor had grown from 7 cc s to 29 cc s despite all the chemo and radiation. To me that sounds like I came very close to losing a DD. He said he took all the lymph nodes he could and that she is a small women, about 5 ft, 120 pounds, so she should heal quickly- big sigh of relief-- going to the beach was one of her favorite activities .. hope this doesn't change her life too much...
I'm so glad, Becky. I know you are breathing easier. I think having a colostomy bag is not the same as it was....they are making them better and smaller. Prayers that she recovers quickly and gets back out there to her beloved beach soon.
Patty
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. It's a tough situation, but DH's family is strong and pretty close, and I think that will help them get through this.
Patty
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

I couldn't find this post before I posted today!

Patty, she was devastated when the surgeon said it was permanent. But she is already talking about the future. Her DH said, p\"Put on some shorts and a bikini top and we will go to the beach (in the future)".

She still has a lot of pain before she is healed and she will have mental setbacks but I feel better about her.
BeckyO
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

BeckyO wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm I couldn't find this post before I posted today!

Patty, she was devastated when the surgeon said it was permanent. But she is already talking about the future. Her DH said, p\"Put on some shorts and a bikini top and we will go to the beach (in the future)".

She still has a lot of pain before she is healed and she will have mental setbacks but I feel better about her.
BeckyO
Good for her husband to give her the emotional support. A friend of mine has one and when the Dr talked about reversing it after years of having one then the pros and cons her DH said not to bother for his sake. He forgot how she looked without it.. and she was only in her 30's.. now in her 60's and still doing well. Sending good and healing thoughts to her and you.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

Yhank you, Patty and Janet, , for the moral support. Her DH is very supportive. There is no way to ever reverse hers, but she is doing better every day.
BeckyO