Daily Check in March 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check in March 13, 2018

Post by rinty »

OOOOOh envious, I love snow !!!

I see Trump has got rid of another person for being too intelligent.......you are so lucky America.......

Meanwhile here in England we could do with Miss Marple to solve this Russian spy attack in Salisbury......Salisbury ? A very picturesque ye olde worlde town where we visit all the time !!!

Social worker has gone to ground.......sigh. She prob thinks we are being uber needy but heck, this situation is impossible. I do appreciate she has other cases as well as ours.

WW day but I dare not go :o Not after TWO Mothers Day lunches out, I will go bare bones this week to offset and keep up with the Zumba ; )

When I fret I tend to hang around the internet too much and read blogs, which either makes me RAGE or gives me lifestyle envy...............so instead of that I intend to dig out everything for craft club and do some of those irritating " I can't be Bothered " housekeeping jobs. You know the internet sucks HOURS if you aren't careful.

Anniversary of my dads passing...........46 years ago, I have some lovely memories.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

It will be a no spend, no drive day for me. Spent the morning cleaning, vacuuming and straightening out drawers. Haven't tackled the dreaded bathroom cleaning yet! But did manage to weed out some of dh's disgusting stretched out and stained underwear, undershirts and t shirts while he was at the gym. They were all crammed in his dresser drawer to the back - don't think he's worn them for a few years. I doubt very much he'll miss them. Pitched some old sweaters and tops of my own. Also pitched a jug of Downy which had solidified. I've tried adding liquid to it and shaking but end up with blue stains on the clothes. It also makes the washing machine a pain to clean out. The house and our bedroom do look noticeably cleaner.

Off for a walk in our neighbourhood and to get the mail. Beautiful bright and sunny outside. We had a light dusting of snow last night but it seems to be slowly melting. We didn't shovel the driveway today in the hopes it would be gone. May need to shovel off the deck though.

Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Think I am going to have a yard sale.

But it will only be certain items at a time.

For example - kitchen items - dishes, pans, etc.

Next - maybe tools

then clothing

I've been watching too much Monk!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:07 pm OOOOOh envious, I love snow !!!

I see Trump has got rid of another person for being too intelligent.......you are so lucky America.......

Meanwhile here in England we could do with Miss Marple to solve this Russian spy attack in Salisbury......Salisbury ? A very picturesque ye olde worlde town where we visit all the time !!!

Rinty,

Yes, America is SO lucky. We are in the same boat as Italy.

We don't need Miss Marple to solve the Salisbury spy attack. We know who did it - Russia. The question is how they were poisoned. In their food or drink at Zizzi? Scary. Something in their home? I haven't read whether they traveled by car to the restaurant or by bus or what? I'm following this closely. I visited Salisbury years ago and agree it is a lovely place. I wonder if the spy and his daughter will live. (As I recall, Litvinenko (?) lived for several weeks before dying.) That Salisbury police officer is lucky that he is doing pretty well.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a good day. At mom's house I did more "decorating" in the back bedroom. I hung up the framed botanical I printed for free. Mom used a tole floor lamp that was rusty. I love tole but this did not look good. I found a small end table and a lamp and it looks very nice. The big question is what to do with the Victorian chair. Mom bought it at a yard sale years ago and said it was "valuable." I've always hated it. I may move it to the garage and cover it with a blanket to protect it temporarily.

I also worked in the yard for a bit, mostly weeding in the area I call the forgotten pentas. They are doing pretty well.

I went to Publix for a few things and then dropped off the Bible study books at the school thrift store. I was in the mood for Subway and had a coupon. Yum.

At home I put down one of my two bags of mulch. It was not as nice as in the past. Lots of big pieces of wood. Most of my flowers are in pots so this is decorative more than useful. It turned out to be a nice day. I wore a sweater in mom's yard but didn't need it at my house.