DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: DeCluttering

Post by Jackielou »

So far this year another 127 items have left the house. There are a few items Hubby and I are deciding what to do with. Do we try and sell them, or donate them. Once we figure out which I will be able to add the items to my list. Hopefully this month.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 9:29 am I’m really in the mood to declutter right now. My biggest problem is a ton of Christmas stuff at both my house and mom’s house. I don’t want to donate it now because I think it would just get tossed. Who wants Christmas stuff now. So I’m consolidating it as best I can at mom’s house (my stuff included) and will donate in the fall.

In the meantime yesterday i dropped off a bag of clothes (12 items) plus a rain jacket plus two small bags of odds and ends. This was from my house. I have things ready to go from mom’s house (just need to put them in the right size box) and will try to drop them off this afternoon.

I’m looking at things with the thought that if I moved are the things worth moving. I think I will feel less stress if I have less clutter. I must say that mom’s house really has not been bad in terms of clutter (except papers) for living there for 50 years. I’m more of a pack rat than mom.
You are so right for saving your <and your mom's, Christmas stuff until closer to the season.

My friend this past summer was on fire alert and she was thinking, what do I want to have with me to start over, if the worse happens. She never was evacuated, but her family was packed, so great thought about what would be worth moving.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

So last week, after having 1800 give us the $2,000 estimate DH suggested that we call the handyman that we have used in the past.

The handyman gave us an estimate of $525.00 for the dumpster, (I had to order the dumpster) and $700 for labor.

The dumpster came today and the handyman and his helper came and worked for over 5 hours they will finish tomorrow.

WOW the work that they are doing is amazing!!!

the postman wanted to know if we were moving LOL :roll: So I FB messaged a couple of neighbors to tell them what we were doing.

IC
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well as of the 30th of April I have rid the house of 127 items. More have been added today, but won't be counted until the end of May. I am really hoping to reach 175 by the end of the month.
Jackie
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

I'm still decluttering my clothes and my office. I had a Thrift Store appointment yesterday and took in 5 clothing items, 5 kitchen items and 20 miscellaneous items from my office (aka the dining room). I think that brings me up to 45 items so far.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ephofma wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:13 pm I'm still decluttering my clothes and my office. I had a Thrift Store appointment yesterday and took in 5 clothing items, 5 kitchen items and 20 miscellaneous items from my office (aka the dining room). I think that brings me up to 45 items so far.
Way to go ephofma. You are doing great!!
Jackie