Daily Check in May 16, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check in May 16, 2018

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up early after a sleepless night, I even took a OTC sleep aid at 12:22 and it didn't help much. :(

Chickens are out and fed, piddly jobs done and am now waiting on a call from my gas supplier....for some reason I got a letter from them yesterday saying I am "overdue" on my payment... :? I am on a budget plan and when I called the office the girl said my records show I opted out of the budget :x no, I did not and this is the second time this has happened. Trying not to get angry and frustrated .

She just called and hopefully we have this figured out. I guess getting frustrated doesn't solve the problem. :?

I am thinking today will be mostly spent in the house...floors and dusting.
Because of the rain plants outside are good and while I need to do some weeding I will wait till it is alittle drier...I do not like wet shoes.

Off to see what kind of trouble I can get into 8-)
Have a great, safe and appreciative day all,
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

another bright hot sunny day here in south texas - hate it - :mrgreen:

I slept okay. Still taking the cough syrup at night so maybe that helps. I do miss the cold chilly nights when I could sleep with the window open.

Still feel so-so. Think I am going to take LilMiss's advice and scale back on the volunteering. One is done and the other one will be done in June. That is just more of a clerical thing. The person I am helping is also a volunteer, but really overwhelmed. But I don't plan on taking on any of her tasks - just assist.

Honestly, I think we need a new priest. Someone more organized? He does a lot but sometimes you can't find him and he is always running late.

I'm dressed and ready for our weekly breakfast

Hope all have a great day
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We are having a decent day. The rain and storms predicted will hopefully stay south of us. I am working on my deck cleaning out and adding the necessary things to my earth boxes and will plant the last of my veggies.. I will be picking up a few more things tomorrow or Friday. Not much else planned other than gardening. Yesterday I made a quiche and faux potato salad so will not have to stop to fix meal although I would like to make some muffins to go along with the quiche. Will wait and see how things go.

Have a good and frugal day everyone. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Interesting happenings this morning, but the story actually begins last night when I picked up a subbing job for this morning 8am-noon. So I get all the kids shuffled off to their various places, and I'm pulling into the parking lot of the Adult Education Center, when my phone rings with an unfamiliar number which I then answer. It's the man for whom I was supposed to be subbing that day, and he tells me that "Oops sorry," he'd entered the wrong date into the subbing database, he needs a sub not Today, but for Friday, am I still available. Erm no, I already have a job lined up for Friday, so he hangs up. Well I headed home, thinking that dd5 is going to be furious with me if I go back right away to pick her up. I decided to do all the little errands that needed a weekday to be accomplished on, then go get her... and I got to take Dh some pain reliever too... After about 45 minutes, I get another call, this time from a Lady whom I think is the Adult Ed Center administrator, and she tells me that she feels really bad about what happened, and if she can swing it, that she's going to make sure that I get paid for today anyhow. Short story, is yes, I am getting paid for a day of subbing that I'm not doing, AND it's for a full day, not the original half day!!! WOW!!!!

Along the way, my brother called me to ask if I wanted to buy a fleece (wool from a sheared sheep), yes please. Then he asked if I'd pass along the info to my fiber guild friends... which is next on my agenda.

After I signed the paper at Adult Ed, I picked up dd7 from school -- her tummy was hurting (she & ds10 sneakily told me they'd had breakfast) but she now told me they only had lemonade... my tummy would hurt too.

I only slept 5 hours (or less) last night, I might nap like the girls and H-dog are doing... after I do some computer work. ;)

Dinner tonight will hopefully be Ham & lentil soup... assuming ds13 gets dishes done; even if not I still want my ham soup.

The repairman will be here at 2pm to fix our dishwasher -- the motor and computer were broken, thank goodness it was still under warranty as we'd bought it last August!

I'm thankful for sunshine and today's unexpected events.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Great news: I got the job! And it's $2.50 an hour more than I'm making now! I gave notice this morning: this Friday will be my last day at the job I'm leaving and I'm using three days of paid vacation I never took, so that's 7 days notice instead of the usual two weeks, but I figured what are they going to do? Fire me? :-D

I do feel bad about all the lovely women who work here because they're so nice (it's the board of directors that are a bunch of idiots), but I have to take care of my family.

Between that and hearing from the eye doc yesterday that my condition is improving, it's been a terrific 24 hours.

Maggie, it seems like yesterday that your DS2 was a little guy learning how to cook. Now he's almost all grown up! You did a fine job raising both of those boys. (((Hugs)))
Mackie
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

Good afternoon all,

It has been a really weird few days. On Saturday I got to go to Disney Hollywood Studios with DH, oldest DD, her DH and our 2 DGrands. It was SO much fun! We were there from 9:30 to about 5:00. Because of my back and hips (birth defect and arthritis) I have to use the scooters. Both of the DGrands love to help me get along and not hit things like poles. I'm not a particularly good scooter driver as I only use them when we are somewhere for long periods. It was wonderful.

On Sunday when I got up I could barely function because the room was spinning and would not stop. I was in bed, mostly asleep, all day. Because of the dizziness I also was having nausea and a headache I couldn't get rid of.

Monday the dizziness and nausea were slightly better but the headache was horrible. I could not figure out what was going on.

Tuesday morning when I got up and was still dizzy I called the GP and got in yesterday afternoon for an appointment. Vertigo. Never had it before. Apparently on one of the pole-hitting incidents I dislodged some calcium and its been floating around. Honestly, I didn't hit anything hard and it only happened a couple of times trying to round corners. So the PA told me to limit TV, computer, reading (!!!) and no driving (!!!!!). No strenuous housework and I must rest, rest, rest for about 2 weeks. I am already a bit stir crazy. This is going to be real interesting.

Rinty, I must agree with you on the subject of Harry. He is my favorite as well and I hope their marriage is wonderful.

Maggie, I love reading about your boys. You have done a wonderful job.

Clemencia, I agree completely with your opinion regarding hot weather. I have more allergies, more migraines and less sleep during the hot, hot weather we have here.

So glad you got the job Mackie!

Everyone else, I hope everything is going well for you and yours. Time to end this LONG epistle.