Daily check in May 20, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in May 20, 2018

Post by Jackielou »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 pm Afternoon all -
It has been quite a time around here. I know I have often mentioned the group of friends we see at least every month and go on cruises with etc. Well another member of our group died suddenly on Friday. He had a massive heart attack and was gone. Tommy was a wonderful man and we will miss him so. So we were 10 and now we are seven. Lost one to divorce and two to death. We are such a major part of each other's lives that it is a sobering and sad time. You just don't think about losing your friends - or I never did until it started happening.

Today is hubs 70th birthday. He was supposed to leave this morning for a golf trip to Mississippi as his BD present. But he cancelled his trip. He just feels like he must be here for Tommy's services. I tried to get him to go as I believe funerals are only for the living but it is his decision. Of course he decided at 6:30 p.m. last night and so I have nothing prepared to celebrate for him so we are going out for steak tonight and maybe go to a show if he wants. Luckily we were able to cancel the hotel with enough notice we weren't on the hook for charges.

Not to much going on here otherwise. Loss is so debilitating - we just don't feel like doing anything.

Hug your all your loved ones - life is short and uncertain.

Love to all CG
So sorry for the loss of your friend. In my opinion I think your Hubby needs the closure being there for the services will give him. Thoughts and prayers for all involved.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Bread made, mini cupcakes made, mini donuts made. Still to do....ice the cupcakes, shake the mini donuts in sugar and cinnamon, and make the mini cherry pies. But all in all a very good afternoon.

Hubby and youngest DS went and bought the two new cherry trees and planted them after their fishing trip. As soon as the old ones are harvested they will be chopped down. It will be awhile before the new trees produce fruit in any quantity, but I am looking forward to being able to harvest in a few years.

Youngest DS plans on doing laundry tomorrow so my to do list will change a bit. No problem as things will just get changed around a little bit.

Still have a few things on the list to do, but nothing major. They should only take a few minutes to complete.

Off to see what everyone has been up to.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Had a thunderstorm roll through.

We lost power for a couple of hours. Believe tree fell on a line.

Temps went down and it was nice. Mid 60s. What a change! And we needed the rain.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by clemencia2us » Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm

Temps went down and it was nice. Mid 60s. What a change! And we needed the rain.
There was rain all around me we barely got the ground damp. I know most of San Antonio got more rain than I did.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Colonial Girl, I understand what you are saying.....all of dads family and friends are gone. He talks about them alot and misses them. It is so sad.

Unlike some of you....I LOVED Meghans dress. I thought it suited her perfectly. I felt so incredibly sorry for Meghan and her mother. I understand she comes from a small family and her fathers family sound like a real trip. Like they say you can pick your friends but not your family.

I trimmed dead canes out of the blackberry patch after supper, no berries this year. I hope to mow tomorrow depends on the weather. I also want to transplant some Lambs ear plants from dads to my yard. I have lots of ideas of things that I "think" I want to do in my yard but truthfully don't know if I have the time or ambition. :?
Off to clean up and get ready for bed.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 9:16 pm
by clemencia2us » Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm

There was rain all around me we barely got the ground damp. I know most of San Antonio got more rain than I did.

Penny
We got about two inches. It is so nice and cool. I have a window open. Very refreshing