Daily check-in June 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Daily check-in June 14, 2018

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning!
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check-in June 14, 2018

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another bright sunny day here in south texas.

The temps will start to go down. Just into the low 90s! Amen!!! And yes, you can feel the difference.

Slept okay. Had to get up due to coughing again. What the heck is causing this drainage? The side affects of my blood pressure medication mentions unproductive cough. What the heck. I have to get up and get a lozenge. Just feels like something is stuck in there. It feels better afterwards. This medication taking is for the birds.

Today i will throw some things out. Continue with my purge

Have a great day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Hope everyone has a better day today.

All you ladies are so productive and do so much. Puts me to shame with my one little task a day.

Don't feel bad. Take time to enjoy yourselves. Buy that new outfit. Heck I changed out my entire summer wardrobe this month. More stuff is on the way. I have to feel comfortable in my clothing and shoes or I wont' wear them. Got all new lighter fabric shorts and short sleeved tops. Good sale at JJIll.

At my meeting yesterday, there were four ladies there with health issues. One has tremors and is in pain. One is barely coherent when she talks. Then there is my sibling that can barely walk and another one a frail caretaker for her large ill husband.

Their families seem to want them to just keep on going and do things for them - take care of grandkids etc. The lady with the tremors usually has a baby with her. Parents can easily afford daycare.

I just want to tell them to stop and take it easy. Take care of themselves!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Slept in a bit today, and this is not the day to do so. My physio appointment is in a little under an hour and I feel very rushed. Then it will be off to do the banking, shopping, standing at in a reception area to see if I can get a doctor (haven't had one in a very long time) and paying bills online once I get back home. Really I guess I could pay the bills tomorrow, but I want them gone off my desk today. Since I overslept I will also be doing the usual Thursday household chores a bit later.

This afternoon I have to send a text to the youngest telling him what time we will pick him up for football/supper and continue on my quest of reorganizing the sewing/craft room. It is taking a bit longer than I would like but over the past two years (after the flooding) the room became a holdall for all types of things rather than the sewing room it should have been. Now I am working on cleaning it up.

Frugally speaking the only money that will be spent is on a few groceries/paper products/pet products and bill paying (well getting out our bimonthly allowance a bit early as well). So it is all planned allowable spending. I do hope to find time to bake a loaf of bread today. If not I will do it first thing tomorrow morning.

Supper tonight will be leftover chicken made into a casserole of some kind. Just not sure what kind of casserole, or if another main dish type of salad would be more appropriate for the weather.

I will check in later and fill you all in on my physio report. I think I get measured again today.

Today I am grateful the skies are clear. The forecast is calling for storms and the conditions are favourable for the formation of supercells. Which of course could lead to tornados.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning again ... mid 60s and sunny!

Enjoyed my dinner with old school friends last night ... sat outside at the restaurant, was a bit windy for a while ... had menus flying about and a couple of glasses knocked over! But it all settled down and we had a nice visit.

Today, will get the jam made, and continue trying to catch up on chores. DH is asking for a pie, so may start stemming berries for that. However, he has to make the pie crust!
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Went to bed early (for me) and slept like a brick... :? Yesterday was just very blah for me. I don't know why I get like this but hope the feeling leaves soon.

Clem, I understand what you are saying, :?

I have some light housework to do and will weed some more in the flowerbeds, started it yesterday and got a rain shower that chased me back into the house.
Supper tonight at dads will be take out pizza, I need a break from cooking, thinking of things to make.

The plan for Fathers day this weekend was to take dad out, but I don't think that is going to happen....supposed to be really hot and humid and that just wears him out. Will come up with a "plan B" .

Have a great, safe and appreciative day
JCKitty