Daily check-in June 14, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily check-in June 14, 2018

Post by alliesmama4 »

Not feeling good but want to sign in to get the daily updates on what everyone is doing. Hopefully will feel better later. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

After yesterday, I thought I should not post at the possible same time as several others, so...... I have convinced hubs to get up a bit earlier and as such, my walk with the neighbor is a bit earlier and it looked like it was a conflict for other posters, so I decided to wait. Glad someone posted first.

It is hot here in Florida and my neighbor wanted to walk earlier, but until hubs agreed to get up earlier, I was stuck. So now he gets up at 6:30 am and I can get out to walk by 7:30 am. Hubs must have his coffee and then his breakfast. So other than weekends, it looks like my early post will be too early for most. ;) So waiting for others.

I did a bit of study about paint and also talked to the retired contractor at ACE and needed to be back here by 10 am. I was hustling to get back on time. This morning was the lady painter. English was her first language. Yesterday, the hispanics did a low bid, but was not going to do a primer. Just wash and paint. I know what I need to have a successful paint. Do it right or do it twice.

My neighbor is going to give me her little chest freezer. Free. I am going to insist that she take some Walmart gift cards. I know she will refuse and I will insist and we will split the difference. The gift cards are free to me for medical procedures. She doesn't know that. She is not a wealthy widow, but a good woman.

I want to give hubs a steak this weekend, but I think it will end up being pan fried, not grilled.Weather looks uncertain.I got chicken thighs 50% off. I will make 3 of them into stirfry tonight. Hubs likes chicken thigh stir fry. So do I.

I have another paint estimate this afternoon. So I can't get dirty and sweaty like I would normally do until after the appointment. I have had a bit of a struggle with this injected eye this time. Allergies make my eyes itchy and I have to keep my hands away. Well, no infection so far, so probably good. Even dreaming of touching my eye.

Over the last day, I have fixed the telephone sticking key and the stationary bike for hubs. Today, I am grateful that I am still able to fix things. Have a good day everyone.
rinty

Post by rinty »

hey all,

Feel better soon, Janet (((hugs))

Soooooo tired, its 6.15 pm and I cannot say how tempted I am to jump into bed. Worked then volunteered now a slavering, drooling TIRED mess.

Still feel I haven't caught up with sleep from our residential trip. Crawling to the summer holidays on my hands and knees :)

Dh thankfully had eaten out at lunchtime so I have had a yoghurt and Called It Done.

We have had a very sick dog though. He woke us 4 times in the night. Dh has taken him out again now.

Fathers day this weekend. DH kind of feels this should be celebrated like a frickin' wedding each year. Thankfully the kids don't need prompting :shock: I am prepared to have the house company ready and cook either a big roast/BBQ/lasagne for all.

Eating out in the UK is very expensive so just popping out with around 18 people is NOT a go-er.

Forgot SisIL and nephews birthdays this month. :shock: Yoou know its always the ones who REALLY care and keep score that you forget. Oh, well ! SO need to write cards and get them in the post also a gift of some fav chocolate for my elderly stepfather for Fathers Day.

Bedtime !
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Thanks to all of you that gave me a pep talk yesterday. I am feeling much much better today. I love this board and can't tell you how many times that you have picked me up when I was down.

I had to laugh at DGFlorida being concerned that she might mess up someone's early posting. That is one thing ya'll will never have to worry about me doing to you. Rolled out of bed this morning at 10:30. LOL

I joined FloridaCat for a virtual glass of wine last night on the patio as it was a beautiful starlit night and just rocked my bad mood away and made a toast to Janet. I feel wonderful today and and ready to conquer that list, one item at a time.

I tried on that $50.00 shell with my $80.00 jean jacket and it looked so darn cute until it justified shooting my clothes budget to you know where and back this month. Like Clem said, she bought an entire new wardrobe for spring/summer and she was loving it. I love the dresses and shrug that I bought to wear to my reunion and I could have gotten by with just one, but I couldn't decide between the two. It's only money, and I sure can't take it with me when I die. It's for certain that someone else want think twice about spending it when I'm gone.

I got up this morning and looked at my to-do-list and picked out the one thing I wanted to accomplish today and that was make Mr. B's pillowcases and put the list away. That for some reason was bearing on my mind and if I get those done I will stop worrying about whether I will have them ready before we see each other again. He doesn't know it, but he caused this. He will ask me if I've finished them yet and I know it's a general question on his part. He's amazed that I can sew at all. I guess his deceased wife could not sew a stitch and hired someone to make her drapes, pillows and pillowcases. I want to impress him and do a great job and as simple as they are, I never made a pillowcase in my real sewing days. I have them cut out so the rest should be a piece of cake. I have my lemon/lavender diffusers going and I already feel better about the project.

I have done all my daily chores except one load of white laundry and I'm getting ready to let it soak in clorox a couple hours before I finish the laundry. Other than that that job is done for the weekend. A bright spot is my (real flowers) are going to survive. I don't know if the Miracle Gro or water did the trick. My sister-in-law says it was the Miracle Gro. She believes in that stuff and should be a spokesman for them. I will be happy if they bloom for me until August but I want worry about getting someone to water them when I leave for my August trip. I am loving the silk hanging baskets and 3 of them I ordered from QVC are lit ones. Pretty in the daytime, but gorgeous at night.

Ok, off to see what I can get done today and all of you have a blessed happy day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We have had the first wave of thunderstorms roll through, more to follow so I just may not have to water my plants today. We shall see.

Shopping done, bills paid, therapy appointment over, banking done, and I even fit in a visit to the doctors office to see if I could get on with the new female doctor. She is still trying to get all her paperwork completed to work in this province so I will try again next week.

Now this afternoon (after I have some lunch) I will work on the sewing room a bit more and then do some knitting.

As far as therapy goes, I have another appointment in a month and the therapist is pretty happy with how things are going so far. Working more on strengthening the wrist than the flexibility portion, but J says to keep right on doing what I am doing with all my exercises. Forgot to ask if I should move from a 2lb weight to a 3lb weight at some point this month.

Off to have some lunch and then get down to work.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning,

Weather is a little cooler today; it reached 100 yesterday. I made the dreaded phone calls which turned out to be pleasant after all. I have more things in my to-do folder to work on, may do one later today.

Now that everything is off of the table I started the re-do of Mom's latch hook rug. The canvas wasn't secured tight enough and it tore so it has to be redone. Nothing difficult to do and I should have it finished in a few weeks.

I have some bags of clothes ready for pickup on Monday. Every couple of months a Veteran's organization comes around to pick up donations left on the curb.

This morning when I got up I was stiff and I hurt for some unknown reason. After a couple of hours of walking around I am fine, no medication needed. A friend told me I should do stretches when I get up and she is right, it seems to help. I try to avoid pain medications if at all possible. I am also making an effort to eat anti-inflammatory foods.

Bev