Daily Check in July 12, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 12, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Last night I tried on my bathing suits. They are ll OK. Less money I need to spend this summer. I also picked up a few tech gadgets at Microcenter before coming home and eating dinner and taking my evening walk.

DS had to chase FedEx. He was notified that they woudl deliver his laptop to his Dad' house between Noon and 8 PM. They tried at 9 AM. He was rather frustrated. But he got it and was getting it set up last night. Tonight he has rehearsal for the last 2 performances of the musical this weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in July 12, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Thursday morning all,

We have ac again. The fan modular unit is suspected, but it refused to be broken consistently. He said he took pictures and if it actually goes out and stays out, they can order it or they can order it and replace it now. I am going to wait. He also examined the outside unit and said it is 17 years old and showing age. It might need to be replaced. I will know when I no longer get cold air, just air. Again, something in the future to look forward to. Meanwhile, I asked online about insulation here in Florida and got some good information. According to one local guy, an energy evaluation by the electric company will result in coupons worth $$ towards more insulation. I will follow up on that a little later.

The new windows are due in next month and everyone says they will make a huge difference. Our energy bills are very low now, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

The neighbor who gave me the freezer offered me her big pea shelling pan. I said I would take it a little later. I am not sure what I will do with it at this moment.

I have settled on a design for the courtyard. And I saw the wood I want on 70% off at Home Depot. I will head over there probably today and see if there is any left. Pick up 2, 50% off landscape timbers at the same time.

I asked hubs to follow up on the paperwork to get the rebates on the house paint. And today is the day. The rebate will be significant if hubs can fill out the paperwork right. I only believe in rebates when they actually arrive. We also need to have a talk about money. Hubs seems uneasy about how much I am spending, so we need to talk.

Today, I am grateful for air conditioning. Have a great day everyone. Stay cool. ;)
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am not as tired as yesterday. Even so I changed the bed, folded 3 loads of laundry and put them away.

My daughter will be coming over today to take me to get my hair cut then we will go out to lunch.

Not much else is new here.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

There is an alarm going off on one of the cell phones. It is driving me crazy but I am not sure which one of three is sounding off. The only one I am sure of is the fourth and that is mine. Soon I will have to check them all out.

I think Hubby and youngest DS are going to try their hands at fishing today. They will probably head out around noon if it isn't too hot. This gives me my house to myself for a few hours.

As all of you know Hubby and I had our eyes checked yesterday. Now supposedly I have some sun damage to my eyes that comes with age and the start of a cataract (not happy about that one, but it can be easily taken care of if it gets worse, and it is only in one eye). Hubby on the other hand will need to go in for more tests. The eye guy feels that he is developing glaucoma. Now I don't know if that means in both eyes or in just one and could result in him needing an eye operation very soon. The sooner glaucoma is taken care of the better. Hubby is not a happy camper right now.

Frugally speaking, since all my spending took place yesterday I am looking forward to another couple of no spend days before I need to break open the wallet once again. My day will go it usually does this time of year. I plan on dehydrating more herbs today, doing a bit of knitting, reading a free to me book on my ereader, doing housework, and perhaps visiting with my friend (not too sure about that one though). Meals will as usual be made here at home from scratch. I will use up what bits and bobs that I can in making those meals as well. I have not gotten my baking done this week so I hope to do a bit today. As you can see I usually plan way more than I can get done... Bad me.

Supper this evening is going to be chicken. I need to pull the bird out of the freezer this morning. Means I have to battle DS's cat Eiko over the staircase heading to the basement. She usually follows me up and down the stairs much to her delight and my attacked feet. Still a kitten at heart, but growing like mad.

Along with the chicken I plan on making a salad, and some mashed potatoes as well as having sliced cucumbers.... I do love fresh cucumbers from the garden!!

Today I am grateful for cool mornings so I can take my walk.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Wish me luck on my mission this morning. Someone was whining about a thin flea infested pup roaming their neighborhood so I am going out to feed it and hopefully treat for fleas. They said it was friendly.

Kind of irritated cuz people see this in their hoods and just whine. Do something. Give them some food. And don't tell me you can't afford it when I see you selling a closet full of clothes you bought but never wore. And go on trips here and there. ugh

So hope that this little adventure goes well.

thanks
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

dog not friendly. Left food. Didn't get to treat for fleas. People in that neighborhood need to step up!