July Jamboree of Using Up And Recycling

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
ephofma

Re: July Jamboree of Using Up And Recycling

Post by ephofma »

I used up by giving away the last of the break and bake cookies I made a few days ago. I also gave same friend 4 slices of lemon bars that I bought from Publix. This friend lives alone and doesn't like to buy bags and boxes of sweets because she is a real lover of sweets and is afraid she will eat them all; so, I usually just give her some of whatever I make or buy. Works well for both of us. We also finished up a jar of crunchy peanut butter and a can of La Seur Peas (dh's favorite).
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ephofma wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:38 pm I used up by giving away the last of the break and bake cookies I made a few days ago. I also gave same friend 4 slices of lemon bars that I bought from Publix. This friend lives alone and doesn't like to buy bags and boxes of sweets because she is a real lover of sweets and is afraid she will eat them all; so, I usually just give her some of whatever I make or buy. Works well for both of us. We also finished up a jar of crunchy peanut butter and a can of La Seur Peas (dh's favorite).
Sharing is such a lovely idea.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well since I last posted here I have managed to use up a few items and recycle others.

I have recycled some toilet tubes and some paper towel tubes. Cut them into about 1" pieces and will use them to make some decorations for the second tree we will be putting up this year. I found some Santa ornaments at a yard sale and these will be used as well on the second tree.

Used up the lettuce making a salad.

Used up the sliced black olives in the cupboard.

Used up the last of the Italian spicy sausage.

Used up some soup from the pantry.

Used up a bar of soap (the guys use that).

Used up a chicken making one meal for three and then another meal for Hubby and I.

Hubby used up the dry wall compound (had just enough for the last application).

Chopped down a branch that was causing problems and the larger parts have been cut up and set to age in the wood shed. Smaller branches broken up to use as kindling down the road.

Used up another ball of yarn on my wrap.
Jackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Been working on use-it-ups from the fridge this past week. Just finished off the last of the pancakes. My plan tonight is to pull the last of the tomatoes from the freezer and make some pasta sauce. (New tomatoes are coming in, so I need the room.)

On the recycling side, am patching a pair of DH's old jeans. When I unexpectedly had to pull things out of the linen closet, I set aside some older, seldom-used bath towels -- will repurpose those into kitchen towels, which I need. LOL!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Recycled a tee shirt into girl wipes and stuffed the little waste pieces into an old sock. These socks will be make into draft barriers for doors in the winter. The longer strings are put aside to secure plants in the fall garden.

Finished a tube of toothpaste(cut and swiped out). Ready for hub's next discarded tube. Removed the torn binding from an old blanket and put it in the string bin.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I hope I can remember all the use it ups. No real recycling until Hubby finishes his work down in the basement (all those t-shirts will be recycled into rags at that point).

Used up a package of leftover roast beef. I made enough stroganoff to feed us two nights.

Used up the leftover ribs for another no cook supper this past week.

Used up three cucumbers making a cucumber salad.

Used up one ball of yarn on the prayer shawl.

Used up the last of the red peppers before I went shopping this week.

Used up a box of cereal.

Used up the container of ice cream.
Jackie