Daily Check in Aug 6, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check in Aug 6, 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

LOL :D it turns out that the pup is a girl, so DH named her Goldy.

She was with us for 4 hours between the vet and petco, what a good girl, when we got home I put her in the backyard and told her to potty, she went!!!

I was given tips on house breaking, she is just 3 months old and part Border Collie.

IC
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:00 pm Good morning,

So somehow we have flies in the house, this is not a usual thing for us :( just a few days before my party :(

But that is not the "Big" news, I found a puppy on our walk yesterday, he will be BIG. The short story is that I think he belongs to a stray dog with 6-8 puppies, but the other pups are black and he Bo-Bo is tan????

I've put his photos on nextdoor and am looking for any flyers, but nothing so far.

DH and I have never had a pup, only dogs, I will have to take him to school.

BB is ok, bit not thrilled, this pups paws are bigger then BB's. We are taking him to the vet this afternoon, so we will see what we can find out.

He does love to play.

IC

IC congrats on your new fur baby..They bring so much happiness in to our lives. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:50 pm Oh, a puppy! What fun, ICFrugal! Puppies are a lot of work, but they tend to turn out well because they get raised right from the start.

I am having a little break at work. This morning, I was about ready to run out of here screaming. The first needy person who came in seeking assistance shot up drugs in the ladies' rest room across from my office. Then she decided she didn't need to wait around to talk to the associate pastor. I was just as happy that she left, personally. This being an urban church in an area with a lot of drug abuse and homelessness makes things hair-raising at times.

This after a less than restful night: I turned out the bedside lamp at around 11, was thrashing around getting comfortable, got settled, and then distinctly felt someone sit down on the end of the bed. The bed even squeaked like it does if someone sits in that spot.

Girls, there was nobody else in the room. I shot out of bed and turned on the lamp. No haints or ghosties or even the cat. It was just plain weird. Took me forever to go to sleep, even after DH came to bed.

But on the plus side, it's been a very frugal day. Had last night's leftovers and some watermelon for lunch, so that was delicious, and been enjoying the free cold water from the cooler.
Mackie that is spooky about feeling someone sit down on your bed. Have you ever had a similar situation in your house?

Be careful when people come in to your office.. I know they need help but they can also go off of the rails too.. Hope you have a better nights sleep tonight.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Gayle bless you for making the much needed bags... I do not know how you find the time to help others. you are amazing. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, the first night we owned this house, DH was sleepiing alone in the bedroom and heard a door slam loudly enough to wake him up. DS and I were back home staying with a friend, so he was alone in the house.

I don't think it is an unfriendly presence, but there does seem to be a little something here.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:37 pm Janet, the first night we owned this house, DH was sleepiing alone in the bedroom and heard a door slam loudly enough to wake him up. DS and I were back home staying with a friend, so he was alone in the house.

I don't think it is an unfriendly presence, but there does seem to be a little something here.
My brother's farm house has a spirit but it seems to be friendly. His house is over a hundred years old....I know strange things do happen and as long as they are friendly I think they can co-exist.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama