Daily Check in Aug 13, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Aug 13, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

My living room is starting to gain piles of Ds's stuff. But tomorrow night it will be loaded into my car. That is the excitement going on here right now. We got a lot more shopping completed yesterday. We also had dinner with DS1 & Family. The DGSs are growing so much.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Aug 13, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good Monday morning all,

Today begins an easy week. No handyman or endless doctor appointments. Just one appointment and the pest control guy on Friday. I asked hubs to begin putting more things on our joint calendar. I need to know when he goes off his pain medication as is monthly requirement of the doctor. He rapidly loses strength and I need to make sure I schedule his shower before the pain sets in. And all showers need to be before my eye injection. In addition, I need to be reminded when to take the cat in for nail trimming every other month. It is very inexpensive and the vet tech can tell me if there is any problem with her feet.(she had a fungal problem earlier this year). To ignore her feet would be penny wise, pound foolish.

Today, I will continue my "be orderly" challenge. Partly inspired by Jackielou's pantry challenge, I am getting a more orderly pantry and discovered a lot of hidden cans of food. :oops: Some are already set out to go to the local food pantry because I can't use them with our low carb lifestyle. The medium carb foods will be eaten at a little at the time.

Today, I will finally finish processing the chicken thighs. I have cooked, skinned and chopped about 12 pounds of thighs. The chopped meat is frozen into pint containers and the fat is skimmed off for cooking and the jelly will be chicken broth for soup this winter. Pint containers are much more orderly than those large trays.

I also designated all the small red tee shirt recycle pieces as kitchen wipes to reduce my paper use. I used them to clean up the kitchen counters. Very nice.

Today, I am grateful for waking up this morning in a safe home. Many are not so lucky. Have a good day everyone.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Good morning all! going to the beach today. nice to be semi retired! hope all is well with everyone! cj
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Up with the alarm, reluctantly but I am up. LOL

Chickens are out and fed, first load of laundry going and listening to the oldies station of local radio. The satellite repair/replace dude is supposed to be here today....they have an 8 hour window. I will admit to missing my local morning news....I may not watch it much but like the idea that I can should I choose too...picky much ??

I need to run the vacuum and clean floors, figure out dads supper and several little pick things are on the list.

I have decided to fix breakfast for supper once a week, dad and everyone else really seem to enjoy it and it is a quick, easy and filling meal.

I remain convinced that we will have an early Fall, my patio and decks are covered with nuts and chewings from the squirrels every morning. Enough that I use the leaf blower to get rid of all of it. Today I need to pot the started date palm seedlings, one of the grands loves plants and she wants some to play with...so most will go to her. Oldest DD and family are on vacation out west, they are having a great time but I really miss them.

Off to get busy, have a great day all,
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

We had a rough storm in the night. I'm done with all the rain.

Yesterday I did get mom's back yard cut. Went over there at 5 p.m. but I could hear thunder in the distance. So I trimmed one of the ixora bushes. The thunder seemed to stop so I cut the grass. Everything is growing so fast. I bought a new rain gauge a few weeks ago.

So today is my reward for yesterday's yardwork. I'm going to make shell earrings with my new friend and we plan a quick lunch before the class.

This morning I read this very powerful piece in Politico. Hit me much more than most writings. Kind of long. It's about chain migration. (Story of frugality and the American dream, too.) In case you are interested.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... cle-219351
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a dress wash in the washer. Only one load today.

My Grandson is coming over this after noon we will bake spritz cookies.

I have a lot to do today, but I also have a lot of inertia.

I need fold the sheets in the dryer. Then transfer the dresses to the dryer. Collect the hangers and put into the container on top of dryer.

Put away the yarn and bag from knitting my shawl. Bring out the white sweater for my bigger needle project. I do want to finish it.

I want to measure and shorten a dress. I doubt I will get that done today.

Penny