Daily check in August 18, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily check in August 18, 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:05 pm
icfrugal1 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:59 am Good morning,

Waiting for 8 am so that I can eat my breakfast, and then I'm going to Costco for gas, and then Walmart for a few things.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a FB friend for lunch and I will be driving for a bit.

Not to brag but ~~~~~~~~~~~ this morning Goldie went striert to the place in the yard and went potty!!! I know that it won't be everyday, but YEAH!! and her potty pad was dry this morning. (she sleeps in an encloser.) Great, she just took off with my shoe LOL :roll:

We are learning to put things up.

IC
IC Yeah Goldie!! Usually once established they will follow a routine well. Of course Goldie is a puppy with a tiny bladder..Janet Alliesmama
Yep, that's what I get for bragging LOL Door is open, she and BB have been playing in the house and she peed in the house :-( but at least she didn't poo.

If I had caught her I would have rubbed her nose, but I didn't catch her. :?
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:11 pm Good Morning Everyone,

Another cloudy day here in Tennessee and the weather people are predicting we could have severe thunderstorms and straight line winds today, hope they are wrong. It rained a good part of yesterday and we really needed that, I rather enjoyed it.

There isn't a lot on the agenda here today, I still need a few groceries, but I have enough pre-frozen stuff in my freezer that I can survive. Thinking about doing it on line anyway. I have really spoiled myself by doing this and I never did like grocery shopping anyway, besides this is so convenient.

I went ahead and ordered the Holiday Inn Express comforter that had the small cut in it from E-bay. I have small white patches in my sewing stash and since it's only on one side, I can repair it. Nobody will ever know it's there except me. The cut is located close to the bottom of the comforter and hopefully want even be noticeable. I can live with it, to enjoy the comfort. The sheets were terribly expensive so I found a set that had good reviews made by Lyocell for less than a $100.00. This is the description so we shall see. I haven't bought white sheets in a long time, but those in the hotel room looked so nice and crisp that I thought I would change colors for awhile. My new bed cover has cream, soft green, and pink in it so I have gone mostly with cream colored bed sheets in the past. Time to try a new look. This was the description:
TENCEL LYOCELL SHEETS from raw Eucalyptus Trees. One of the softest Woven fabric in the world on your bed to enjoy a perfect deep sleep. You won't be able to go back to cotton once you try these sheets. Amazingly soft for a deep comfortable sleep. 50% more absorbent than cotton and silkier to keep you cool in the Summer and warm in the Winter.

I bought "MyPillows" last fall and I am still loving them. They have lived up to their hype and comfort for me. I have washed them twice and they fluff right back up like new. They recommend you wash them every 4 months.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day and I'm off to see what I can accomplish. Everyone enjoy the week-end.
Thank you for the info in the "My Pillows" I'll get them at Costco
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

goldie sounds so cute!
ephofma

Post by ephofma »

Good afternoon everyone,

We are back from vacation. We spent almost a week at the beach. It was very nice. My husband love the beach and I love looking at it from inside. Believe it or not, I am allergic to the ocean, sand, some trees and shrubs that grow predominately around the beach and sunscreen. All of the above will result in angry red patches that itch for several weeks including after we are long home. That part is only slightly worse than the ugly sinus flare-up. The worst is the swimming pools with chlorine. Once my head goes under the shortness of breath starts and that and lavender are the reasons I am required to carry an eppy (sp) pen. I agree about everyone needs to stop falling. We are coming up with a lot of ways to hurt oneself. I have one. First day of vacation DH and I were leaving a restaurant, just talking away and I smacked into one of those wooden shades that stick out from the window. That hurt but no blood and no immediate swelling. Just a headache that Advil cured. However, 3 days later I had a knot and a little yellow-green bruising. I am better but its still a little painful to the touch. I just never saw the thing.

I finally got a lot of my back reading up to date in the forums. I really enjoy reading the posts. I feel I learn so much.

I hope all of you not feeling well get better soon. For those of you remembering a departed love one, I understand. Some of you have had amazing relationships with parents, spouses, children and others. Remember, they loved you too and you meant so much to them. I know I don't need to say that; but, sometimes we just need to hear it.

Not much more to say today as we are just 'recovering' from vacation. Take care.
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:36 pm Hello all.

I’m back from the fitness center. I wanted to get my workout in this morning since I didn’t go yesterday. I’m not a big fan of Walmart but the inexpensive workout clothes I bought there are great. Both the Bermuda-length shorts (made in Jordan) and the shirts (made in Guatemala) wash beautifully. I like the shorts because they aren’t skin tight and have pockets so I can carry my car key and fitness ID and leave my handbag in the car trunk.

Yesterday leaving Starbucks I took the back road I always take and there was broken glass all over the road. I couldn’t avoid it. So far everything seems OK but I hope I don’t get a slow leak. I’m going for an oil change and tire rotation on Tuesday and will mention it in case they can see anything.

Not sure what I’ll do the rest of the day but I may push myself to go out to look for the automatic cat water dispenser.
Wal-Mart has them,you pretty much need to stalk the pet department,mine were at the end of the dry dog food aisle.
P.S.The furkids hated them....