LWolfT's frugal journal/musings

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
LWolfT

Re: LWolfT's frugal journal/musings

Post by LWolfT »

Been putting my couponing skills to good use these days, though not necessarily for groceries.

Someone apparently has signed us up for the "repair of the month club." Last month, it was my car axle leaking grease; this month it was the broken garage door opener. So did a bit of hunting.
Found a online coupon from the garage for $30 off any service $300 and above.
Found a $30 off a service call coupon from the garage door folks (kept that from one of the monthly mailers).
And the car needed an oil change, so found a coupon for that and saved $20.
So at least that's $$ that didn't go out the door. Hoping for a no-repair month in August.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wow. Great job on the coupons.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:48 am Been putting my couponing skills to good use these days, though not necessarily for groceries.

Someone apparently has signed us up for the "repair of the month club." Last month, it was my car axle leaking grease; this month it was the broken garage door opener. So did a bit of hunting.
Found a online coupon from the garage for $30 off any service $300 and above.
Found a $30 off a service call coupon from the garage door folks (kept that from one of the monthly mailers).
And the car needed an oil change, so found a coupon for that and saved $20.
So at least that's $$ that didn't go out the door. Hoping for a no-repair month in August.
I am always amazed at what a bit of searching will uncover. Great job of saving with coupons.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Thanks!
I always go through those coupon mailers ... most of it is useless, but I do grab the coupons from any service companies we use.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

We are in semi-repair mode here ...
The house lawn mower this time (as opposed to the mower DH uses for his side gig). The part that adjusts the height of a wheel broke ... $10 online (including shipping) or $6 and tax from the repair shop. He chose the repair shop ... a bit of DIY, and we're back in business.

My Nesco roaster is trickier. DH reported that it sounded like it was sparking from the wall ... plugged something else in ... not the wall socket. Perhaps it's the plug, which I can replace.
So plugged in the roaster ... sounds like it's sparking all right, but from the other end. Don't know if it's the plug or if it's within the roaster. I'd spring for a new cord, but haven't been able to find one. If it's within the roaster, I might be out of luck.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wow. I hope you have luck.