Butter Dumpling

Crockpot recipes, canning recipes, quick meals, creative use-it-ups -- swap you tried-and-true recipes here.
alliesmama4

Butter Dumpling

Post by alliesmama4 »

Butter Klosse or Butter dumpling:
2 tablespoons of butter softened
2 eggs beaten
6 tablespoons of flour..(to make them gluten free I use Kind Arthur Flour All-Purpose gluten free flour). Do not use their Bisquick type flour mix.
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Cream butter until soft. Beat in eggs. Stir in flour and salt. Drop by teaspoon full in to simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Do not peek. Makes 3 to 4 servings

The texture is sort of a cross between a noodle and a dumpling. They are slick on the outside and have a tiny bit of bite in the center if done correctly.
Janet Alliesmama
delighted99

Re: Butter Dumpling

Post by delighted99 »

What do you like to serve this with?
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

delighted99 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:23 pm What do you like to serve this with?
I usually make chicken and dumplings. ie cook chicken with the usual carrots, onions,and celery. It is like a chicken stew with the dumplings. You can serve the dumplings in a bowl as a side dish or I just add them to the bowl when I take out a portion.. I actually love the dumplings more so sometimes make two batches of dumplings to have more for when I have leftovers the next day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Sounds good. I've never made a chicken dumpling dish I liked (although I've enjoyed the dish other places) so I'll give this a try.
alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 pm
delighted99 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:23 pm What do you like to serve this with?
I usually make chicken and dumplings. ie cook chicken with the usual carrots, onions,and celery. It is like a chicken stew with the dumplings. You can serve the dumplings in a bowl as a side dish or I just add them to the bowl when I take out a portion.. I actually love the dumplings more so sometimes make two batches of dumplings to have more for when I have leftovers the next day. Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

delighted99 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:52 pm Sounds good. I've never made a chicken dumpling dish I liked (although I've enjoyed the dish other places) so I'll give this a try.
alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:42 pm
I know it is hard to find the right dumpling.. I liked this one when I could eat gluten flour since it was sort of a cross between a noodle and a dumpling.. The gluten free flours just did not make the switch over.They were too doughy. Hope you like them.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
delighted99

Post by delighted99 »

Janet, I made chicken and dumplings last week and subbed in your dumplings for theirs! The dish was a hit! Thanks for that recipe.
alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 pm Butter Klosse or Butter dumpling:
2 tablespoons of butter softened
2 eggs beaten
6 tablespoons of flour..(to make them gluten free I use Kind Arthur Flour All-Purpose gluten free flour). Do not use their Bisquick type flour mix.
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Cream butter until soft. Beat in eggs. Stir in flour and salt. Drop by teaspoon full in to simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Do not peek. Makes 3 to 4 servings

The texture is sort of a cross between a noodle and a dumpling. They are slick on the outside and have a tiny bit of bite in the center if done correctly.