Daily Check in Sept 17, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check in Sept 17, 2018

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had fasting labs this morning. I am very glad it is behind me. I should know the results by Thursday. I see my Dr for a physical on this coming Tuesday.

I still need to decide what my big Christmas gift knit is going to be this year.

I know a lot of people who love dinosaurs. I also have a pattern for a sea horse, plus lots of other cute ones. I will decide.

My ride was running late. So I canceled my ride and decided to walk. It is just around the corner. I have to walk the long way. So about a mile round trip.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Creative, how was your mushroom class? It sounded interesting.

I’m still feeling lethargic and stuffed up from the head cold. Yesterday I stayed home. Today I’ll go to mom’s house just to organize a few things. Now that it is almost fall, I can think about donating the Christmas items, blankets and other winter-type stuff.

Tonight I’m going to dinner with friends. My birthday was when I was on my trip so this is a belated celebration. I wanted Thai so we are going to try a new place. (Our go-to Thai place has changed owners and has gone downhill.)

I still have basic cable and our cable company is now requiring boxes instead of plugging the cable into the TV. They are giving two boxes free for two years. I received mine right after I got home but have not yet opened the packages. This goes into effect tomorrow so I’d better start looking at how to hook them up.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Good morning all! summer was busy and now I finally made the move to get a built in generator. lots of associated things I need to do. how knew you need a building permit for something like this? I have been working a little more to pay off the generator sooner than later and also am pricing a rug for my downstairs bedroom. I want that in place before the winter. hope all is well. cj
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning ,

An exciting day, hard to believe that we have only had Goldie for 6 weeks, we take her in the vet today for her 3rd set of shots. I'll be surprised if she is much less then 25 lbs. I still have to carry her until given the ok. :roll:

We hope that we will be able to walk her outside the house soon. I also want her to be fixed as soon as possible, the vet office has said that they like to wait until she has had one heat . (what the heck????) If you get a pound puppy, I'm sure that they don't wait until 6 months.

IC
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I was trying to post and it disappeared. I do wish Erin would find another platform for this site. I really enjoy it but the membership seems to be dwindling and I think this is why :(. FYI I found a Tightwad Gazette Fan Club on Facebook for those of us wanting more frugal fixes.

Bev
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:52 am Good morning ,

An exciting day, hard to believe that we have only had Goldie for 6 weeks, we take her in the vet today for her 3rd set of shots. I'll be surprised if she is much less then 25 lbs. I still have to carry her until given the ok. :roll:

We hope that we will be able to walk her outside the house soon. I also want her to be fixed as soon as possible, the vet office has said that they like to wait until she has had one heat . (what the heck????) If you get a pound puppy, I'm sure that they don't wait until 6 months.

IC
How old is your vet?

My pound pup was already spayed when we got her at 10 WEEKS old, and was fine to go walk, meet other dogs, go to PetSmart, anything, and she still had shots left to take. The dogs I had before her, the first was adopted directly from the guy who had taken in her stray, already pregnant mother, was spayed at 3 months, allowed to walk, socialize, etc., right off the bat and lived to be 16-1/2. My male boxer/shepherd mix was neutered when I got him from a rescue at 8 weeks and played by the same rules as everyone else, he was socialized with the other dog right away and went all the same places she did, he lived to be 13-1/2, I think he'd have lived longer had the 16-1/2 year old dog still been around, he missed her.

None of these pups ever needed to be carried anywhere (all were 65-75 lbs full grown so that was a good thing, even when they were 'small').

Is your dog's breed delicate, or... ? My mom has an uptight chihuahua and he, too, was neutered and on his own 4 feet on a lead before he was 2 months old.
Last edited by SandiSAHM on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.