Daily Check in Sept 24, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Sept 24, 2018

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

More rain today. It is getting old.

Had a very nice time at DS's birthday dinner. I took him shopping at the outlet Mall ad he got three pair of Chino-type pants. He has no jeans at College. (!?) But he is busy, but it is a good busy. He is still loving it. It is good to see.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Sept 24, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

A new week. A new opportunity to do things. Yesterday, I finished building the wall above the ditch culvert. I realize that I have never built one before. It is never too late to do something new. :D I look up culvert landscaping online and was disappointed with the lack of creativity. Rule one, keep it simple. Rule two, keep it cheap. Rule three, keep it useful. Today, I will tidy the area around it. Get rid of the extra dirt. I needed to get the ditch culvert under control. I have a new driveway, professionally built, and a parallel flower bed(I built) next to it and then just dirt going down to the ditch culvert. Looked unfinished. Now to do the other side the same way. On the agenda for this week.

I mowed the grass in front yesterday. I had a little to go when the sky started growling. In Florida, lightening means business, so I put away my equipment and went inside. I have decided to buy a small weed wacker. End of the season clearance. Do that today after I take kitty in for a nail trimming. I prefer the vet tech to do it because she has had nail fungus issues and the tech spots things like that. I have a gift card that I can use, so it should be free.

I want to get an eye doctor appointment today. I found one for half the price as the mall one. A guy that has been here in the area for 40 years.

I took a piece of a T4 pill this morning. I had a slight sore throat which may mean my old thyroid is struggling to make T4. Equally likely, the dust I kicked up mowing irritated my throat. It feels so weird to not take my pills. But I feel fine without them. I have looked around for a new endocrinologist and not really any locally.

I am also thinking it is time to build my irrigation line to the south fence for easy watering of my new plants. I don't think I can get to it today, but on the schedule for this week. Today, I will build the other ditch culvert barrier if the weather and time allows.

Today, I am grateful for the energy to get things done and feel productive. Have a good day everyone.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is nice and cool here today around 64 F and going to warm up to the high 70's. Tomorrow severe weather with a chance of hail and damaging winds.. Bummer! I will be taking things down to the lower level and bring things up using my car. It makes it so much easier than trying to carry things through the house and up and down the steps.. Cannot do that once it rains and the ground is soft.

I need to go for blood work this morning and will stop and pick up a few things at the grocery store and buy Teddi some dog food. Also need to order medical supplies and medications.. I might loose my medicaid co-payment for things and need to get ahead on things just in case. My medicaid co-payment is under review.

Have a great Monday. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Definitely fall today ... 60 and raining.
Yesterday was a basic day ... did bake the cookies, roasted the chicken, tried to make headway with the dishes, (ha, ha).
Looking at a busy week. I have an appointment (and just realized I need to get gas on the way). DH has some medical tests tomorrow. And by the way, how did it get to be the last of September?

AnnieX, happy to see you back!
Maggie, glad your DS is enjoying college!
Janet, is this an annual review of co-pays?
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

Today I’m having lunch with a friend so that will be fun. On the way back I plan to stop at CVS where I have a $2 Maybelline coupon and a $1 ECB that I plan to use on mascara. I try to be very careful about only using mascara for three months and the one I have now is overdue. Then I plan to go to mom’s house just to check on things. I didn’t cut her grass yesterday and probably won’t get to it until tomorrow.

I got the upstairs cable box hooked up but not in a way that allows me to tape on my VCR. I may ask my friend’s husband who is an audio/video geek to look at it when they return from Maine next week. He’ll likely laugh at me for having such an old device but I like being able to tape a few things if I’m away. (Yes, I know I could do this if I had a DVR.) At least I can still watch things I’ve previously taped on the VCR.

Yesterday I did a bit on genealogy. My sub to the UK site FindMyPast runs out next week. Just before my trip I discovered what happened to my great-great grandfather’s mother. She remarried (first husband died at 33) but never had more children. My great great grandfather’s only sister (whose house I took a pix of in Somerset) had a number of children but many died young. The one I’ve traced a bit (with much help from someone who posted a genealogy on the LDS site FamilySearch) ended up in Cardiff, Wales where her husband grew up. Cardiff is not too far from Somerset.

I did run out yesterday to get a “free” salad from Wendy’s. Deal was if you downloaded their app you could get a free 1/2 Harvest Salad with any purchase. I bought a small Frosty for .99. Bad FCL!

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning I put a load in the washer when I got up. The dresses are in the dryer. The second load in the washer now. I only have two loads to do today.

I scheduled carpet cleaning for next Monday. I have a lot to do today. Kitchen and bath floors need doing. I have laundry to fold, plus lots to put away.

I have 3 appointments this week. Tomorrow regular Dr physical and discuss labs, Wednesday PA at ear Dr, Friday allergy testing, no allergy meds this week.

Not much else is new.

Penny