Daily check in October 23, 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in October 23, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning everyone. Let's get started!
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in October 23, 2018

Post by Dgflorida »

Good chilly morning all,

The temperature outside is 66F and inside 79F. I have the windows open and the central air fan on to circulate the cooler air around to all the rooms.

I finished the dreaded ballots and will take them down to put into the voting box they set out at early voting. Voting at home is so much easier. While I am out that way, I will stop at Save a lot and see if they have any on sale lettuce left and maybe some smoked turkey tails to stick in the freezer for cooking beans in November. Smoked turkey tails are a splurge item, I admit. A rare find though. Maybe some discount beef if they have any. My bean craving is finally satisfied. Beans are higher carbs, but I am concluding that I feel best if I carb up to about 50 grams every 2 or 3 weeks for a meal or two. Some call that carb cycling. I call it feel better. I haven't lost any weight on low carb, but am free of all prescription medication. A fair trade off and a savings. Drugs are expensive.

Today, I will continue working on getting the flower beds cleaned up and transplanting some plants. I am assembling my clothes for the trip.

Today, I am grateful for the cool fall weather. It is nice to open the windows. Have a good day everyone.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Sun is finally up and it's in the mid-40s. Supposed to be another pleasant day.
Expect this to be an odds and ends kind of day. Must get to a couple of errands that I put off yesterday.
Plan to do a bit more work on my "crafty" stuff ... made some progress on my Halloween costume last night ... actually, I own an orange hoodie, so I cut out a felt Jack O' Lantern face that I will baste to the front. I'll wear it when we give out candy to the trick or treaters.
Guess we won't be replacing that window glass ... rather, we'll put up one of those plastic storm window kits. (Which actually might be more useful.) I suspect DH's decision has something to do with the just-arrived bill for some medical tests :shock:
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning all,

I stayed at the office all day, leaving at 4:00 and then going to DS1's. When I arrived, Monkey boy, DGS19Mos, was standing on the back of the couch, looking at the window. He was smiling and giggling at me when I walked up. So cute!

DGS4 as not feeling very well (and being rather dramatic about it) but DS and DDIL seem to be doing well. They have a little more cashing coming in with DS's new job. And DS appears happier with himself.

Afterwards I went to my support group meeting. Then it was home and I was ready to crawl into bed. I read for a bit and then lights out. Shew. Glad I have no plans for tonight.

Have a great day,
Maggie
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning:

yesterday I had to go for a follow-up mammogram. Several more images were taken. The radiologist looked at them immediately and I was told I didn't need an ultrasound so I guess everything is okay. Nothing out-of-pocket as it was covered by government health care.

While I was downtown I got a new shower curtain liner, a new sink stopper and a couple of other things at Canadian Tire.

After lunch my friend and I walked over to the polling station and voted in the municipal election. Only had to vote for mayor, councillor and school trustee, so it didn't take long. Afterwards we went to the cafe at the Royal Conservatory for coffee.

Today I have 3 classes at the seniors' centre. I've packed a lunch.

my sister, her husband and their foster daughter are coming in to town today and I've been invited to go with them so an Italian restaurant for dinner. This particular restaurant is probably not the best choice for my sister who is hard of hearing as it is very small and crowded, but she chose it. The food is good.

Rain has stopped and sun is out at the moment so I'd best be on my way.

Take care,
AnneX
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for awhile and came across an online personality test, so tried it out. Pretty much came up the way I figured.

Today I hope to finish cleaning the closets in the hall. I just have one left to do and everything will be nice and neat again. Once that and all my regular Tuesday chores are completed I can get started sewing once again. Hope to get some of the clutter (cut out patterns that I packaged up in kind of kits) done and out of the way. That will clear up quite a bit of space in the sewing/craft room.

This morning I am going for my walk without my walking poles. Two days with and a day without seems pretty fair in my books. It is getting cold and my hands freeze when using them.

I used the bag of leftover turkey last night (no leftover roast beef) to make something called Southern Casserole. Tasted not bad at all, and there is enough for another meal in a couple of days. I do like only cooking once, heating something up and having it once again. Saves time and in the long run my mind from trying to think up interesting menus.

There has been little interest in Hubby's radial arm saw on the Garage Sale sites. Hubby says if it does not sell, he will just make some kind of covering for it and the saw will be situated outside. Hopefully over the next few days someone will purchase it.

I have a few things I want to list on those sites as well. I do have trouble selling anything on them though. Seems like what I sell is not needed at that time, but about a month later people are snapping the exact same item up. Maybe I just pick the wrong time to list something.

Supper today is going to be some leftovers from a couple of days ago.Those Lazy Perogies we had on Friday need to be gone.

Today I am grateful that I am slowly but surely getting items crossed off my extra cleaning list and my goals list for the month.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/