DG's frugal journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DG's frugal journal

Post by Dgflorida »

Tuesday

A good day to work in the yard. Get my errands done early and out to the yard. I have pots here and there and I need to get them all organized and in one location. Weed more flower beds. While I am not going to do much with them before the trip, I will be aggressively planting my fall/winter garden once I get home.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday

Now that I am in countdown to the trip, it is hard to decide which thing I want to do today. List: 1)bring all the pots to easy access for hubs, 2) go buy nutmeats for the trip, 3) drill holes for my south fence irrigation. 4) wash laundry and tidy house
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Friday

Back from the trip and I have a cold. Caught it the last day, so I am still in the miserable phase. I undid some frugal things here because it would be too hard for hubs to handle. Saving coffee grounds and filters etc. The irrigation lines worked fine and all my plants are doing ok. The papaya ripened and something ate it. Oh well, lots more. I did get home to find a couple of tomatoes and peppers ready to eat. Ate them off the vine.

The trip was a success. I spent Halloween in New Orleans and visited the tomb of the Queen of Voodoo. And then danced in Houston. Now to get back into the swing of frugal things.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Welcome back DG.

Bev
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:54 am Friday

Back from the trip and I have a cold. Caught it the last day, so I am still in the miserable phase. I undid some frugal things here because it would be too hard for hubs to handle. Saving coffee grounds and filters etc. The irrigation lines worked fine and all my plants are doing ok. The papaya ripened and something ate it. Oh well, lots more. I did get home to find a couple of tomatoes and peppers ready to eat. Ate them off the vine.

The trip was a success. I spent Halloween in New Orleans and visited the tomb of the Queen of Voodoo. And then danced in Houston. Now to get back into the swing of frugal things.
DG glad you had a successful trip but bummer on the cold. Welcome back. Janet Alliesmam
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks Bev and Janet for the welcome back.