DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
delighted99

Re: DeCluttering

Post by delighted99 »

Weekend before last I did a MAJOR declutter in DS' room! DH had the idea of putting a play yard inside DS' closet a few years back. This was to sort of.. house the toys and keep them from accumulating on DS's bedroom floor. So toys in the play yard just accumulated.. and accumulated.. and we just let them pile up. It was ridiculous. Whenever we thought a toy that DS wanted might be in the closet, I'd lift him up and put him in this play yard to just dig and search.

After a recent visit with a friend with two boys, I suddenly got inspired by her organization of her boys' rooms. On the way home I picked up extra boxes at Target and then I put all the toys that DS hadn't been playing with or had outgrown in them. Since I can't quite part with them just yet we stored the boxes in our master closet.

DS can walk in his closet now!!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

A few more items are gone from the house. My total number of decluttered items is now 322 for the year. A very long way from the 500 I would like gone by the time the new year arrives. Working hard at getting it done though.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I bought a sharp carpet sweeper, and I'm "de-cluttering' a lot of stuff that Goldie the puppy brings into the house and sheds :lol: :roll:

All kidding aside, I really like it, it is so much easier to use then the vacuum cleaner.

I have done some shedding and put a few more things into the "charity" bag.

Not a lot done, but some stuff !!!

IC :roll:
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

A few more items packed and ready to take the donations in at some point this week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Yesterday I dropped off three pair of shoes, two tops and about eight “decorative” kitchen towels at the Salvation Army.

Also cleaned out my sock drawer and threw away about six pair plus several pair of nylon “peds”.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

A week or two ago, I gave away 2 largish garbage bags of girls clothes to my friend for her 4yo.

I have another bag started for boys clothes to go too... ds10 is starting to outgrow his jeans - I will save 1-2 for dd8, but the rest of the 10’s (and 6/7 & 8’s too) will go, probably to thrift shop.

I have children's coats that need to go too.