Repurposing and Thinking More Creatively

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Repurposing and Thinking More Creatively

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Well, sometimes I don't think past the end of my nose. Here I was bemoaning the fact that I need a bedside table while at the same time trying to get rid of an old, heavy, wooden child's school desk that has been in my garage since I moved here....EARTH TO SHEILA - lol.

I am going to try to be more creative this year and when I think I "need something" I'm going to think about what else might work and stand in for that something. Anybody have any good success stories to share?
clemencia2us

Re: Repurposing and Thinking More Creatively

Post by clemencia2us »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:35 pm Well, sometimes I don't think past the end of my nose. Here I was bemoaning the fact that I need a bedside table while at the same time trying to get rid of an old, heavy, wooden child's school desk that has been in my garage since I moved here....EARTH TO SHEILA - lol.

I am going to try to be more creative this year and when I think I "need something" I'm going to think about what else might work and stand in for that something. Anybody have any good success stories to share?
oh wow - bet that is going to look great.

I have my bed right up next to my old desk. Perfect "nightstand"

I love this desk. Paid about 35 dollars for it maybe 20 years ago. You can only open one drawer the normal way. The others, you have to push a lever under the desk. Kind of a good safety feature. And it has space between the desk top and the drawers. I read on my ipad at night and store it and my TV remotes there.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

I have a rolling microwave cart and a rolling file cabinet. I use my antique sewing machine cabinet to set my microwave oven on. I have been using my rolling pieces as either end tables in the living room or more importantly as a way to increase counter space in my kitchen. They came in really hand when I was preparing our Thanksgiving dinner.

I have a rolling TV stand in my bedroom for my TV. There is enough room to put my antenna and my Amazon device (Alexa)

My neighbor needed to get rid of an old antique white type of dresser. I brought it home and found a place in the pantry where it fits perfectly. Extra storage for me.

I have a couple of plastic portable carts in the big bedroom for storing craft supplies. I have two small desks which I use to store all types of electronic cords, keyboards and other gizmos. I also store my quilting supplies in one desk.

Bev
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I have a school desk as a nightstand in my spare room! It's perfect, especially when my dad is visiting because there's plenty of room for his CPAP machine and anything else. It's a flat-topped child's desk, with an opening/shelf underneath, which is handy for books and such.
ohjodi
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

I have a large, very sturdy folding tray that I use as an end table between my sofa and recliner. It holds a radio/cassette player, a lamp and some magazines on the top. I have a rattan trash can under it that stores catalogs and magazines. I have a smaller folding table that I use to hold my remote and magazines or projects I am working on. On my balcony I have two very sturdy plastic children's chairs. One I use as a side table to a rocking chair, one I use as a footrest or to put plants on.
BeckyO
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

One of my new years goals is to attempt to repurpose something each week even if it is small.