Daily Check-in Thursday Jan 3, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BeckyO

Re: Daily Check-in Thursday Jan 3, 2019

Post by BeckyO »

Evening Y'ALL,

It rained, again , today. That is over 4 inches in less than 3 days. The next 10 days supposedly will be dry : ) The temp has been in the 50s F. Achy weather. I hurt.

I did not go out yesterday, or today. I'll have to, or I might get evicted!-not really but it would be embarrassing. I have to get a money order.

I filled a week's worth of pill boxes but didn't get anything else done. I might get the Christmas decs down , tonite.

Didn't go downstairs for meals. I raided the coffee bar, once, and found a salad, jello, a donut and lemon pie, LOL I think I will fix corned beef and cabbage. The cornbeef is already cooked. I will put it in the cabbage as it cooks. I still have half a fresh pineapple.

I could order some meds. I did sort my finances for the month.I still need to deposit a check and remind DD#1 to get the paperwork for me to become a Notary Public. That will be a small stream of income.

Have a productive or happy evening.
BeckyO
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening everyone,

Quick check-in - still haven't been cross country skiing using the multi day pass I received for Christmas as it was actually drizzling slightly! One extreme in our temperatures to the other, but it would have made for icy trails. My dh has a "man cold" anyway and wanted some extra pampering at home. Yet refused to use any lozenges, drink any echinacea tea, apply Vicks or take any Dayquil. So I really don't feel sorry for him!

I stayed home and got caught up on several chores. I ironed a huge pile of laundry that had accumulated, finished all the shredding of a couple of years worth of bills, and got the two Christmas trees down and all ornaments, lights stored away. In addition prepared all the meals and cut up some fresh veggies and fruit. Floors were also vacuumed as there always is tree debris and got the tiny shreds of shredded documents vacuumed up too.

Have spent very little time on the computer or tv all day until now. Hopefully I can sleep well as I plan to go to a free skating session tomorrow in an indoor arena. It reminds me of my younger days and they even play some music!

Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Mrscreative wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 pm Good evening everyone,

Quick check-in - still haven't been cross country skiing using the multi day pass I received for Christmas as it was actually drizzling slightly! One extreme in our temperatures to the other, but it would have made for icy trails. My dh has a "man cold" anyway and wanted some extra pampering at home. Yet refused to use any lozenges, drink any echinacea tea, apply Vicks or take any Dayquil. So I really don't feel sorry for him!

I stayed home and got caught up on several chores. I ironed a huge pile of laundry that had accumulated, finished all the shredding of a couple of years worth of bills, and got the two Christmas trees down and all ornaments, lights stored away. In addition prepared all the meals and cut up some fresh veggies and fruit. Floors were also vacuumed as there always is tree debris and got the tiny shreds of shredded documents vacuumed up too.

Have spent very little time on the computer or tv all day until now. Hopefully I can sleep well as I plan to go to a free skating session tomorrow in an indoor arena. It reminds me of my younger days and they even play some music!

Creative
Isn't the weather just plain crazy this year? Right now we have had two days with temperatures feeling like -43 and warnings of frost bite in minutes, to the last two days with above freezing highs and lots of melting. Some places in the province have no snow at all.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Jackielou wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am Isn't the weather just plain crazy this year? Right now we have had two days with temperatures feeling like -43 and warnings of frost bite in minutes, to the last two days with above freezing highs and lots of melting. Some places in the province have no snow at all.
Jackie one of my nieces lives in the high desert in Arizona. They have had at least 29 inch's of snow in the last few days with more on the way. They had to hike out to the main road carrying gas cans for their generator. It took them two hours each way just to get to their truck and then back home carrying gas cans. They do not drive ther truck down their driveway since it is unpaved but leave it at a friends house near the main highway. The snow was unplanned.. They received 13 inches in one day and about 8 inches on two other days. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama