Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Daily Check-in January 16, 2019

Post by SandiSAHM »

colonialgirl wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:54 amI just keep thinking about those poor people who are being forced to work without pay - well actually all of them out of work. But isn't being forced to work without pay slavery? How can they justify this? I tell you - the day they quit paying me, see how long I would be at work.
I've been waiting for a walkout. All of them (Fed workers), everywhere, all at once. Wonder what would happen.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

SandiSAHM wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:53 pm I've been waiting for a walkout. All of them (Fed workers), everywhere, all at once. Wonder what would happen.
I want them to walk out too. A real shutdown. Now they are talking about bringing in the IRS workers to process tax returns. Nope - we should all wait that out.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Sending good thoughts and prayers to you, Jackie, hope the hospital has been as stress free as it could be.

Penny, hope you heal quickly.

Littlemiss, glad you have a good doctor !

I actually won something from social services..........( stunned ) My enraged screeching and yells of " who is to be held responsible for this if X happens to my son " has actually been heard :shock: Wow. The test runs MUST have been REALLY bad .Still I am sure they have something equally bad as their Backstop. Anyway, its been some thing that quite literally has been making me ill, so thank goodness. I wish I could feel I can now drop the ball.

I was saying at work that I am sick to death of putting in 100% with my students when I feel I should be dealing with DS and those who put in 17% with him.

Frugalling our little hearts out here. Spent very little indeed on groceries, or indeed ANYTHING since Christmas. Slashing and Burning our best. Breakfast was Yellow Sticker loaf as toast and lunch was Yellow sticker crusty rolls with cheese and tomato. Dinner was Frozen turkey chilli. ( from a Yellwo sticker turkey none the less ;) The bread was 10p a loaf and they were all large bakery " speciality loaves "..I also bought 4 crusty rolls @10p. A massive 50p extra buying 4 loaves and tehr olls when I popped in for milk.

So lunch was 2 and half pence............

Off for an early night, the political stuff is driving me wild.......couldn't agree more with you all re these poor unpaid souls.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Hello all,

I think the crud has reached the turning point today....am feeling a little better but still plan to sit it out the rest of the week until it is completely gone. Heavy rains all week so I am glad to be hunkering down binge watching TV and reading. I am getting a few chores done, Mt. Dishmore and Mt. Washmore. Everything else can wait.

I went to the store to pick up some things. Cannot believe how prices seem to be going up. I buy darn near everything on sale, get discounts, the whole shebang and groceries still get more expensive. But what can you do?

I may go take a nap. Perfect weather for it and it helps with my recovery. I'm glad I don't need to go to the doctor. I ordered some dog food and cat food online. I don't think it's any more expensive than going to the pet store and it gets delivered to my house. It's too bad on line shopping is putting many brick and mortar places out of business but its so much easier and safer to shop from home. I do go out to shop for clothes because I never know how things are going to fit. And I go to the grocery store since it's near my house.

Well have a good one and stay safe everyone!

Bev
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Update:

I did go back to bed but only slept a couple hours. I got a text that my groceries were ready to pick-up at WalMart so I went to pick them up and just finished putting everything away.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and comments on my blockage. I have an appointment to see the cardiologist on the 30th, so not too long of a wait. I was really surprised they got me in that fast, but glad they did.

Haven't decided what I will fix for dinner, but tomorrow I plan to make me a large pot of beef stew to eat and freeze. I love soups and stews in the winter. Rain is predicted to hit us again tomorrow, so it should be a nice day to putter in the kitchen.

I have started washing stemware and dishes for my luncheon next month and also purchased a lot of the ingredients that I will need to do my cooking. I am planning on making a couple of cheesecakes so went ahead and got my cream cheese this shopping trip. Haven't decided yet if I will have someone come in and clean, will make that decision closer to the luncheon, which is the first Friday in February.

Bev, glad to hear that you are feeling better and Penny that you don't have a lot of pain. Everyone have a great evening.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Sandy and Clem -
I am with you. Shut it all down and start surrounding Mc Connell until he brings it to the floor - everywhere he goes. I saw a family on the news today - they had 2 autistic children and had to discontinue their therapies. Nice.

My nieces and I are conferencing on Thursday to come up with an alternate plan for the cruise in case we are unable to fly. Not looking forward to adding 2 days onto the trip to drive from Illinois to Florida. But rather than eat the cost of the cruise, that is what we will do. Even if the airlines are still open - we have an 8:30 am flight and I am thinking we will have to get there around 3:30 a.m. to allow enough time to get through the huge lines. I think I will just get down there late the night before and spend the night at the airport. That ought to make us a perky bunch for our first day in Florida. Nothing like driving 16 hours to spend time sleeping in a hotel. But of course this inconvenience is small compared to what those poor folks are going through with their jobs.

OK done crabbing now - sorry.