Daily Check In January 18. 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In January 18. 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:35 am Floridacat,

Changing out the mantel to barn beam with beam uprights and I bought faux Kentucky drystack stonework (3 years ago, sigh) to use as a surround for the gas fireplace. The previous mantle was more Victorian/Edwardian and I am going for more Colonial/Early American. The plan is to apply barnwood that resembles a log house to the remaining short spans of wall.
I wish you could draw on a computer screen so I could show it. Iam a horrible photographer so no pics...besides the fact that I do not know how to post a pic. Computer illiterate....yep that's me, LOL

Square logs=log house
round logs=log cabin....going for the log house look.
JCKitty
Kitty, sounds very nice! I understand the difference between a log cabin and log home. When I lived in Virginia I used to drive by a beautiful log home on a suburban street, so not an area suited for a log cabin. I am definitely a Colonial/Early American fan. Most of my furniture is maple.
floridacatlover

Hello again all.

Back home from mom’s house.

Penny, you are doing SO, SO well! Just don’t overdue it.

Creative, I’m so impressed that your community has so many free activities.

Rinty, I hope that your DD is not seriously Ill and will be out of hospital soon. I DO love the Royal Family but agree that at age 97 Philip should not be driving. From what I read, if he is found at fault, which seems likely, his license will be taken away which will be a good thing.

I am glad to have the lawnmower serviced. On the receipt it did say the transmission was a bit problematic so hope it holds up. I asked the delivery guy to confirm that I had the correct oil, which I will check regularly.

I did some work in the yard, swept the porch and called it a day. I still have one section of the utility building to paint and today would have been a good day but I just didn’t feel like it.

I have laundry and a few chores to do here and then plan to have a relaxing afternoon and read.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:31 pm yea - how did he manage to flip that vehicle.
Clem, big SUVs are not as stable as many people think. Years ago I was driving with mom on the beltway around Boston. A big cardboard box fell out of the back of a pickup truck and a SUV swerved to avoid it. The SUV completely flipped over onto its roof. I was ahead in a different lane and there was no place to stop. We looked at the news and newspaper to see if it there were reports on it. Never saw anything so prayed that meant no fatalities.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:19 am I changed my dressing, I folded a 3” gauze square and using paper tape put on a light bandage. It looks good. Just out of curiosity I weighed the dressing it weighed (79 gm) almost 3 oz. The area looks good.

I called comfort care and changed my ride to my hand surgeon for the new time and date. Now just to recover. I have almost no discomfort. I can even type without pain.

My plan to read and rest today.

Penny
Penny, I am so glad you are not in any pain!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

rinty wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm Jackie, Penny , hope you are both feeling a bit better.

Grandbaby duty all weekend, poor DD back in hospital.

Seen that idiot 97 yr old Prince Philip is still driving himself on private roads ? I truly despise the Royal family, not a single rule of common sense applies to them. Thank goodness he didn't kill the baby, or the other two women in the other car..managed to break one of their wrists though. Hope he is prosecuted for dangerous driving.

No spend today but will be spending out over the weekend prob taking out DGK as his mummy is in hospital. Still not sure where to take him,most theme parks are shut for winter. Also prob going to buy some kiddy type cereal, full fat milk, that type of thing. Dinner was going to be liver and onions..........don't fancy getting the DGK to eat that :shock: Some form of eggs ????

Look after yourselves , guys x
Rinty, so sorry to hear your DD is in the hospital.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:58 pm Clem, big SUVs are not as stable as many people think. Years ago I was driving with mom on the beltway around Boston. A big cardboard box fell out of the back of a pickup truck and a SUV swerved to avoid it. The SUV completely flipped over onto its roof. I was ahead in a different lane and there was no place to stop. We looked at the news and newspaper to see if it there were reports on it. Never saw anything so prayed that meant no fatalities.
wonder how fast he was going. I saw pictures from the Daily Mail. I love that tabloid - :mrgreen: .

Looks like he didn't stop at the intersection and just plowed on through and hit the other smaller car. He would have probably just gone into the brush and trees if he hadn't been "stopped" by the little car. Does anyone travel with him. Is he allowed to drive around by himself?