Daily Check In January 18. 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
BevMoore

Re: Daily Check In January 18. 2019

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon,

Buddy got me up at 7:30 to go out. After he came back in we crawled into bed and slept until 10. So blissful and has helped with my recovery. I am feeling better and starting to do some light housework. I have let things go so long that it's time to do a deep cleaning. I don't anticipate much work at schools happening so I will take my time and get all the nooks and crannies. If I can avoid inflammation I think I can do a lot more work later and not get unduly sore. I have a wing fence to rebuild, shrubs to prune back and doggy cleanup. But I have to wait until the last of the storms pass through. Next week is forecast to be dry for about a week and I should be recovered so I will work in the yard then.

I am continuing my line by line cuts on my credit card and budget. I wanted to cancel my second Sirius account but was talked into keeping it another year at a 50% discount. So I will start using that along with what I have in my Sienna. Now that I have learned how to fish for promotional rates I will keep on top of all that.

Today will be another lazy day of reading and binge watching. Since a lot of rain is forecast for the weekend my lazy days will continue. After 8 years I am finally starting to get the hang of this retirement thing.

Take care everyone and those of you who have had surgeries, etc. hope you recover quickly!

Bev
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Good Afternoon Friends,

Bracing for a big snow storm here.

Jackie, you are right about the sleeping in - I was up at 5:00 a.m. to let the dogs out for a minute then back to bed until 8:30 (vacation day) - and boy did it feel wonderful!

Just got some bills paid - getting used to my bank's new website and I don't like it. I will adjust.

Did a whale of a ton of housework this morning and feel good about having it all done. Going to check out some books and movies before I leave the library - will take me through the long weekend.

Came to the library's crafting class last night and made two cute greeting cards. Mine are not as over the top gorgeous as some but that's okay.

How sad is it that two homeless men come here to the library to sleep? I feel bad for them. At least there are comfortalbe cushioned rocking chairs and footstools and the library staff gives them hot coffee and granola bars. One day I overheard an obviously well-to-do gentleman tell them that his wife was making spaghetti and they were both to come home with him for supper - almost made me cry.

Well, I'm off to browse online then look for some good books and movies. Take care friends.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Hope everyone is having a good day. Nothing much going on here except I need to run an errand to the post office and pick up a book of stamps. I should buy a couple of books at a time for the wait is so long when I have to go. You can tell I don't like waiting. I don't use a lot of stamps and a couple of books would probably last me a year.

Having a leisurely day, didn't get up until 10:00 and wouldn't have gotten up then had I not received an unwanted phone call for a robo dialer. I do have to say that I have gotten rid of at least 50% of my unwanted e-mails so far so I've been impressed by the unsubscribing feature. Hasn't worked in the past for me, but it has this time.

I made beef stew yesterday, but for some reason it didn't taste as good to me as it usually does. I guess our taste buds change as we age as well, everything else seems to.

The weather dude is going nuts, if we get the bad weather that he's predicting we aren't going to be happy. I have brought in extra wood and I have plenty of groceries, nothing else I can do. Even got an e-mail from my Sunday School teacher that church has been canceled already for Sunday Night. I can't remember that happening before, so they must be really caught up in the bad weather thing.

Well, off to get my little errand ran and I hope that all of you have a blessed day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, at my radio station job, one of my student workers was driving a VW Passat and a big Chevy Suburban ran a red light in front of him. The student jammed on the brakes, the front of the VW went low under the Suburban and flipped it on its roof. The VW's front end was destroyed, but my student was not hurt beyond a knuckle cut by the airbag and some body aches.

The guy driving the Suburban had stolen a bunch of TVs and was fleeing the burglary. He went to the hospital and jail.

So it's more a matter of center of gravity and force hitting the right spot.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

[*]
clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:52 am Good morning all

Another foggy morning here in south texas. It might clear up and tomorrow is supposed to be really cold. Almost freezing!

I bet my sister is happy that I didn't take her to her doctor appointment. I was ticked off last time I did cuz she scheduled it so early and boy was the fog bad. The early schedule was not necessary. I told her that she needs to do afternoon appointments (no fasting involved) because of our foggy mornings. Safety first. Her friend took her. But even then, I have to wonder where are HER wonderful children? Sheesh.

Anyway, I've showered and am dressed to see what the day brings. I'm working on a church project but it is kind of hard to finish when I never am able to meet with people. JackieLou - you thought your church was a mess, ours is chaos.

Pray for us - :mrgreen:

Have a great day all
I will add prayers for your church to my list.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

2dogs+someCats wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:23 pm Good Afternoon Friends,

Bracing for a big snow storm here.

Jackie, you are right about the sleeping in - I was up at 5:00 a.m. to let the dogs out for a minute then back to bed until 8:30 (vacation day) - and boy did it feel wonderful!

Just got some bills paid - getting used to my bank's new website and I don't like it. I will adjust.

Did a whale of a ton of housework this morning and feel good about having it all done. Going to check out some books and movies before I leave the library - will take me through the long weekend.

Came to the library's crafting class last night and made two cute greeting cards. Mine are not as over the top gorgeous as some but that's okay.

How sad is it that two homeless men come here to the library to sleep? I feel bad for them. At least there are comfortalbe cushioned rocking chairs and footstools and the library staff gives them hot coffee and granola bars. One day I overheard an obviously well-to-do gentleman tell them that his wife was making spaghetti and they were both to come home with him for supper - almost made me cry.

Well, I'm off to browse online then look for some good books and movies. Take care friends.
What a wonderful staff you have at your library.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/