Daily Check in January 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in January 19, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have light rain with a temp of around 34 F with a wind chill of 25 F. A little bit later this morning snow will be moving in and temp going down to the teens or low 20's with winds up to 40 mph. I am all snug here with food and medications for the long haul. I plan on putting an artificial log in my fireplace and watch TV while watching the snow fall. I will be doing some mending at the same time. Simple but a satisfying life. I use to have a very physical and challenging job working in physical therapy in stroke/nuero rehab and then as a traveling therapist in the state of IL. There were many snowy days that I just wanted to stay home and enjoy the warmth and comfort of my home while watching the snow. Now I can and I am a happy camper. I do have some foods prepped ahead but might get inspiration to cook later on. Teddi is all snug in his blanket nest on my bed and when we move to the great room he has more options ie his crate with a cozy blanket, his bed, but usually he likes to snuggle next to me in my recliner. He is a great little body warmer.

Keeping all of you in need of support and prayers and support in my thoughts and prayers. Stay warm and safe everyone.

Just looked out the window and our snow has arrived..woo hoo!!
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Right around freezing, though it looks like we're getting mostly rain or maybe a mix right now. Not looking forward to the deep freeze that's coming.

My news: Finally, we have health insurance! Still waiting for the prescription and dental cards, though. I really hope the transition to ACA won't be this hard.

Out and about yesterday due to DH being off. Did finally see "Aquaman," which I enjoyed. I need to read about how they filmed that.

Stopped at Sav a Lot to get the split chicken breasts, and a stop at the dollar store. No luck on finding most of what I wanted there.

So, today, need to take apart that chicken and have some mending that I should get out of the way. Dinner will use up the last of the ham. Anything else will depend on what this storm brings.

Libby, agree with you on the Walmart jobs ... though I hope maybe some of those folks could get spots in the delivery section. (and training seems to be an issue everywhere ... )
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:52 am Well it was one of those nights, don't know what was wrong with me. I catnapped all night, slept a couple hours and then would wake up. Oh well, today is Saturday not a lot on the to-do-list so if I need to take an afternoon nap I will.

Having a blueberry smoothie, my favorite and will watch Hulu for a little while until the sun comes up. Picked up some really cute stickers at Dollar Tree yesterday. I like to put them on hurricane lamps, any type of candle holder or glass apothecary jar and then they can easily be removed after the holiday that I'm decorating for. My favorite ones were pink and red hearts with a rhinestone heart in the center. I am putting some of those on a glass jar that I mounted on a cute candlestick to use for holding my forks on the buffet table for the luncheon.

I didn't get my tablecloth ironed when I should have and that is on my chore list for today. Ya'll know how much I hate ironing so this is a task I want to get out of the way. I will top the white tablecloth with a cute runner covered with red and pink hearts.

We will see if the weather man is correct about the snowy, icy week-end, hoping he's wrong, but I am prepared. Not much else happening so everyone have a wonderful day. Jackie insomnia absolutely sucks!!!!
Libby I love your tablescape. I use to love to do things like that back in the day when I could entertain. We use to have a luncheon periodically for our former stroke/nuero patients to return so that we could see how they were doing. Myself and Sister Stephanie use to do the table decorations and I loved doing it. I love the idea of switching out the themes on things with stickers from Dollar Tree. I will have to look in to that. I usually just go there for food and household stock up items and the occasional card. Enjoy your friends and your luncheon. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:48 am Good morning ...
Right around freezing, though it looks like we're getting mostly rain or maybe a mix right now. Not looking forward to the deep freeze that's coming.

My news: Finally, we have health insurance! Still waiting for the prescription and dental cards, though. I really hope the transition to ACA won't be this hard.

Out and about yesterday due to DH being off. Did finally see "Aquaman," which I enjoyed. I need to read about how they filmed that.

Stopped at Sav a Lot to get the split chicken breasts, and a stop at the dollar store. No luck on finding most of what I wanted there.

So, today, need to take apart that chicken and have some mending that I should get out of the way. Dinner will use up the last of the ham. Anything else will depend on what this storm brings.

Libby, agree with you on the Walmart jobs ... though I hope maybe some of those folks could get spots in the delivery section. (and training seems to be an issue everywhere ... )
Wolf congrats on getting your insurance.. It is a big worry when you do not have it.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have my shopping list printed. I need milk, produce, and bread, plus a few other things. I am getting tired of the food I do have that I can easily eat. Cooking isn’t the problem washing up afterwards is.

I can wash I just won’t be able to scrub anything. So cooking from scratch is out right now.

I did my shopping. I was able to get most of what I needed. All the perishables are put away. I do still have to put away the rest of groceries.

I bought a larger size blueberry container than I planned. They were out of the on sale container size. I also bought one frozen meal. I needed a change from my frozen meals.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

morning all,

I was able to get to sleep last night but could not stay in bed to sleep in...it started snowing here at about 4:30 AM very light but now it is really coming down. Have shoveled the deck 2 times so far.

2 Pullman loaves of bread made and baked, spackle/chinking is installed , have a couple places that I need to build up and work on, too high up and only using small coats to build it up.

need to sweep and run the floor cleaner, not in a big hurry because I have all long weekend and I can take my time(nap) LOL
Laundry done, hung and racked. Need to dust, polish and change out table toppers.
I also have a some handwash to do.
Off to start something.
JCKitty