Daily Check In February 20, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In February 20, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning. Getting coffee. Be back.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In February 20, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Looking out the window, there is wet, slushy snow. Glad it is a work from home day. I feel like I have several iron in the fire that I am just waiting on. Threw another in last night, we'll see if anything comes of it.

Meanwhile, on the work front I have self-paced education to continue with.

I have an appointment with the hair stylist tonight. Such excitement!

Have a good day,
Maggie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

This morning I go to volunteer as a reading coach at one of my favourite schools. I look forward to this every week and it’s nice to keep in touch with all the staff.

In the afternoon I was supposed to attend a card making workshop but for whatever reason I am now delegated to being on a waiting list. No worries as I have plenty to catch up on at home. I only had time for a mini grocery shop yesterday so this afternoon would be the perfect time to catch up!

I have been reading “The Little Book of Hygge”. It’s a very easy read and I’m enjoying it. What are you all reading? Any recommendations?

Have a great day!
Creative
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have actually been up for the last couple of hours, of course I have spent those hours trying to fall back asleep.... Today is not going to be one of my better days.

The meeting last night went a bit longer than I like. Didn't get home until 9:30. I find these things a waste of time because everyone has their own agenda and thinks that their way is the only way to get things done. If I didn't really like and enjoy working with the other churches on ecumenism I think I would give up this position. Now I have to write a blurb quickly for the annual report and get it in before the end of the week. Lovely.....

Today I plan on getting a bit more done around the house. I have bed clothes to wash today and nice new crisp sheets to put on. Love clean smelling sheets. I also will be fiddling with the menu again. I over made the sweet and sour ribs so we will be finishing them off tonight. This means something gets moved once again to another night. Not that I am complaining as this actually saves me time and using up every last bit saves us money as well.

The grocery list needs to be made up today, and I will search out coupons and the sale fliers for the best possible deals. I really am having trouble getting our grocery bill down due to rising costs for absolutely everything. Not a good sign at all. If I exchanged Canadian dollars for American dollars or British Pounds it would look slightly better, but not much. Even the major stock up that happened in December did not make that much of a dent in spending.

The rest of the day I plan on getting the Wednesday to do list completed, doing my 30 or so minutes on the treadmill, seeing what trouble I can get into in the sewing/craft room (a few items need to be put away), hand quilting and knitting. Kind of my usual day after chores are completed.

Supper this evening (as previously mentioned) will be the leftover sweet and sour ribs with the leftover rice. We finished off the asparagus last night so tonight's side will be a salad.

Today I am grateful for quiet mornings and the time to ready myself for the upcoming day.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Jackie I totally agree with you about the increase in groceries. We have a lot of competition in our city with several stores, but even when I do a lot of “ cherry picking “ I’m still spending a lot!

Our exchange rate is very scary! I’m glad we exchanged a lot of money for American dollars when the exchange was more favourable.

We’ve been watching carefully as we’ll need some British pounds and some Euros for our upcoming trip.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We had a slushy snow over night. It is suppose to warm up to the 40's by afternoon.I am glad since I need to go in to town to my bank. Received my statement yesterday and someone has put two charges on my account using my debit card.. Almost $150.00! Also need to have a tire checked and may end up having to buy a new one.. Bummer. There goes the rest of my emergency fund. However that is why it is called emergency fund.

So glad I do not have to buy anything in the way of groceries. I did a major stock up a while back and now coasting on that. Trying not to buy any food the rest of the month.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama