Daily check in June 8, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Dgflorida

Daily check in June 8, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning. Let's get started.
Dgflorida

Re: Daily check in June 8, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning frugal folks,

Today, I head over to get ground beef on sale. $1.79/lb. We eat a lot of ground beef. It lends itself well to hubs favorite meals. Yes, it is the higher fat content ground beef, but hubs prefers it and the fat left in the pan makes a great oil/grease for the next morning's eggs and bacon. We eat keto.

The chiropractor was pleased with the improvement of the knee and said keep doing whatever you are doing. He said it was almost perfectly in place and gave it one pop. Well, we will see if it heals enough come our trip in July.

Our area of Florida has missed the rain so far. It has been about a month of high temperatures and no rain. This weekend, it may change. I am not sure what to expect from the electric bill. The ac has run every day and I have had to water the gardens using the well water. It uses a lot of electricity. It has been the hottest May on record for the area, the news says.

Today, I try out the old rice cooker as a vegetable steamer on the porch. I had planned on doing it last night, but the meal of egg, cheese and vegetable omelet looked like a full meal. So we will have asparagus with melted cheese for lunch instead of salad. Should be interesting.

The neighbor with spinal degeneration sent me a FB message last night with a picture of her at home in her neck cast. She looked ok. Long, slow recovery.

Today, I am grateful for cloudy skies. Have a good day everyone.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Hello from Sleepover at Grandma's. It took until 10:30 to get them settled down. DGS2 enjoyed jumping on the trundle. He also enjoyed playing with DS1s Xbox Controller. Next up, swim lessons.

DDIL went out of town. DS1 is working. So it could be a long afternoon.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:51 am Good Morning,

Hello from Sleepover at Grandma's. It took until 10:30 to get them settled down. DGS2 enjoyed jumping on the trundle. He also enjoyed playing with DS1s Xbox Controller. Next up, swim lessons.

DDIL went out of town. DS1 is working. So it could be a long afternoon.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Enjoy your day with the grandkids. Don't let them tire you out too much. ;)
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Woke up to clouds, a breeze and more rain overnight. Hope the clouds mean a fairly rainy day. It is actually cool out as well so perhaps the air conditioner will not be necessary today.... It is still acting strangely so Hubby wants to try a few more things he found online about this problem (guess it is more common than I or he thought).

Talked to my sister yesterday and got caught up on each other's news. Her husband and son have finished seeding and are hoping for rain. She has been sticking close to home because they are working on the highway she needs to travel and from what she says it is a big mess.

I hope to work on one of the quilts today as well as do a bit of extra cleaning. I was going to do the baseboards today, but my knees and back are a bit painful so I will probably stick with fans and cleaning the buffet and china cabinet. Pretty sure there are items in those that can be donated and/or tossed. Then this evening I will head to the church to help set up tables for the ministry fair tomorrow. I would actually like to be able to set up my displays as well, but have a feeling that will not be allowed until tomorrow morning before Mass. I will say one thing, it is good that I contacted C for information, because there has been no email sent from the lady in charge (our pastoral council chairperson) about when and how set up will happen. Could be one mysteriously appears today, but I rather doubt that happening. Once again it seems like some people are more members of the team than others.

Frugally speaking there will be no money spent today. Plans to use things up, clear things out are running through my head. I seem to be slowing down on clearing out the storage drawers of fabric. My problem is I need to sew a few items so will get down to that this week.

I will be walking outside for my exercise and perhaps adding some stretches to the mix mid afternoon. The sun is coming out so I guess no more rain for awhile.

Supper will be the fish fillets we were going to have yesterday. I couldn't get them thawed enough to make for supper last night. Serving with the leftover rice and a salad.

Today I am grateful for every little bit of rain we receive.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

My little patient woke me up way too early.

I guess that has its pluses. Maybe i can do my walking early in the morning, if i am going to have to get up to let him out at 6am? I'm even falling asleep earlier. So way to go little booger.

The sun is out. They predict 100 degrees today. Hope not. Its just too early for that nonsense.

One of my out of town siblings is coming in today. To go see older sibling. He is back to his usual ways now. Ordering people around. Bring me this, move that over there. Etc.

We started cleaning out the house yesterday. He would just throw clothes everywhere. I threw them all out. No telling if what was on them. Oh well.

Hope all have a great day.