Co-housing Oct 2018

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Co-housing Oct 2018

Post by icfrugal1 »

https://theheartysoul.com/co-housing-se ... zfC4tdsC1g

We may have already seen this.

The idea sounds good, I think, like dorms for seniors???

Ideally, my own bedroom, sitting room, kitchen, bathroom of course.

I do want a swimming pool LOL

Of course, speaking for myself, I hope to be in my home for as long as possible, my mother died in her co-op, with her daughters around her, she wanted to die there.

Thoughts ????

IC
Quilter51

Re: Co-housing Oct 2018

Post by Quilter51 »

I would love this model of living personally.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I prefer to stay in my own house actually. It is a small house. I wouldn't mind sharing it with someone when that time comes, but it is dangerous to have a room mate here. They have squatters rights. There have been a lot of stories about it. Can get ugly. Too bad there are bad apples out there to spoil it for everyone else.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

This is something we talk about all the time!
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:50 am I prefer to stay in my own house actually. It is a small house. I wouldn't mind sharing it with someone when that time comes, but it is dangerous to have a room mate here. They have squatters rights. There have been a lot of stories about it. Can get ugly. Too bad there are bad apples out there to spoil it for everyone else.
LOL :lol: If we lived in "Judge Judy's America" that is something that we wouldn't have to worry about.

But you are right, squatters would be my fear, sad, just sad. :?

IC