Daily check in August 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in August 12, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Beans are blanced and cooling down a bit more before sealing and placing in the freezer.

Did a bit of decluttering and I hope to do some more. Laundry should be done shortly and then I am going to make a run to get the mail. I maybe taking the car if it does not stop drizzling.

See you all later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:28 pm Yes Gayle, it is the plant everyone says is amazingly fragrant. The problem is I can't smell it. LOL. Bad smeller since my first pregnancy. And I can't give it away if it lives because I am sure she will ask about it and be mad if I give it away. Sometimes, she is generous and other times crabby. Some of my neighbors are pretty unique.
Can you put it in a pot rather than in the ground? That way, you can place it where you want it? (And also if she ever moves, you can toss the plant, or give away, if you still don't want it.)
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mmmm - made some darn good potato salad.

Don't know what the best ingredient was - the home canned pickles i bought at the farmers' market or the lemon pepper salt. Mmmmm
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Afternoon update:

I duct taped my hose, which worked for about 10 seconds then stopped. So I spent close to 2 hours trying to get the hose unscrewed, eventually ruining the female hose end (it was a hose repair) to get it off the faucet, BUT that end is still stuck in my GOOD sprinkler timer!! :evil: I'm Mad!! If i could figure out which child was "extra helpful" and screwed the hose on Way Too Tight, well... *grrrrr* I may have to buy a new sprinkler timer if I cannot get that plastic hose end out of the top of the timer. :(

I did get a call into Huntsman Cancer Institute, they had received all the images from Dr S but their radiologists are reviewing them to decide which kind of biopsy/lumpectomy will be needed-- she will call me back tonight or tomorrow so we can discuss dates for surgery-- oh and there won't be a consult then a later surgery date, they will review everything with me, then do the surgery on the same day! YAY! (I hate waiting for surgery, and having to do extra visits.)

I got my CW permit renewed online; it took longer than I'd hoped as I had to watch a video too.

I have laundry going, my last load turned into two medium loads.

Burger is thawing to make tacos with. Have just discovered we "only have one bag of corn chips" according to dd6, probably ought to get another, especially the way that ds16 eats.

Am going to take ds14 to Wm to look for a backpack, will get the chips there. I Had planned to go buy girls' new shoes this morning, but dd6 pitched a fit when I asked the girls to clean their room-- I told her she could just wear her other shoes for a month then.

I finished the hotpad, then started on a dishcloth. I like this pattern, they are an easy & fast knit.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon,

Work shift is finished and I am sitting under fans. Tomorrow will be a meeting and thats it.

I am one if the few that has great medical insurance and extremely grateful. DS not so much so I do have to help him out on occasion. I think he has finally figured out the best thing you can do is take care of yourself regardless of medical coverage. Much cheaper than paying out high co-pays and deductibles.Get a moderate amount of exercise and focus on eating a whole food plant based plan. A small amount of animal protein each day is fine but in moderation. Take care of small problems before they become big problems.

Listen to your body Lose weight (yes I am working on that). If you already have a health condition like diabetes follow the instructions you are given. Avoid unhealthy food and alcohol (yes I have cut WAY back on my beloved red wine).

It doesn't matter if you have the best or worst medical coverage if you don't take care of yourself. You will feel crappy either way if you neglect your health. I know I am probably preaching to the choir here but the thing to remember is the best insurance in the world won't cure what ails you. You have to do that yourself. And that I am working on because I want to continue to have a good quality of life for a long time.

Bev
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

The community hike this morning was great! Weather was beautiful and the bugs weren't biting either. This took most of the morning and I only had time to water the pots. Still very dry here and it's been a long time since we had substantial rain.

Had lunch at home but picked up some 90% chocolate Lindt bars which were on sale on the way home from the hike. Was looking for my root touch-up kit but the store had run out of my colour. It was on sale as well.

Didn't get a lot accomplished today but enjoyable day none the less. You need days like that sometimes.

As a Canadian, I certainly appreciate out health care. I've had 2 c-sections, 1 tubal ligation, stripping of my veins and a hysterectomy. That's a total of 5 surgeries which I paid nothing for. Also have had 2 colonoscopies. Something to consider is the fact there are less abortions preportionately in Canada than the U.S. because of course it costs a lot more to deliver a baby than to have an abortion. I've read some American women choose to have an abortion rather than give a baby up for adoption simply because they cannot afford to deliver the baby. Without your health you really have nothing so affordable health care in my book is a right not a privilege.

Creative